Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly some hope for Afghanistan
One of those prickles has been killed; a Taliban governor has been killed by a bomb blast in his office. I can't say I'm sorry but I'll try not to be happy about it - although its a pity it wasn't their entire govt.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-64899335

"The Taliban governor of Afghanistan's northern Balkh province has been killed in a suicide attack claimed by the Islamic State (IS) group.
Mohammad Dawood Muzammil was killed in his office in the provincial capital, Mazar-e Sharif, on Thursday.
He is the most senior Taliban official to be killed since the militants returned to power in 2021.
Violence has since decreased sharply, but pro-Taliban figures have been targeted by IS.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said on Twitter that the governor had been "martyred in an explosion by the enemies of Islam".
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(10-03-2023, 02:36 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: One of those prickles has been killed; a Taliban governor has been killed by a bomb blast in his office. I can't say I'm sorry but I'll try not to be happy about it - although its a pity it wasn't their entire govt.

"The Taliban governor of Afghanistan's northern Balkh province has been killed in a suicide attack claimed by the Islamic State (IS) group.
Mohammad Dawood Muzammil was killed in his office in the provincial capital, Mazar-e Sharif, on Thursday.
He is the most senior Taliban official to be killed since the militants returned to power in 2021.
Violence has since decreased sharply, but pro-Taliban figures have been targeted by IS.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said on Twitter that the governor had been "martyred in an explosion by the enemies of Islam".

Is that essentially ISIS?
At least they can be somewhat productive when they want to.
I know how you feel, its bittersweet, but it still could be a power grab, if it means the state is controlled by ISIS, they won't be any better off.
Isn't one lot as bad as the other?
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(10-03-2023, 04:47 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 02:36 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: One of those prickles has been killed; a Taliban governor has been killed by a bomb blast in his office. I can't say I'm sorry but I'll try not to be happy about it - although its a pity it wasn't their entire govt.

Is that essentially ISIS?
At least they can be somewhat productive when they want to.
I know how you feel, its bittersweet, but it still could be a power grab, if it means the state is controlled by ISIS, they won't be any better off.

True, sadly. Afghanistan seems destined to be ruled by power & religion crazed misogynistic idiots.

(10-03-2023, 05:05 PM)Kenj Wrote: Isn't one lot as bad as the other?

Definitely; especially if you're female.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)