Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Health Service
Te Whatu Ora, By giving it a lovely maori name that probably cost $100s of thousands to change, it must work better.  Right?

Google says it means "The Living Eye"

Google Translate says "The Seven Lives"

I prefer mine "The Farty Orcas"

My wife used to work for them once, says its best translation would be "An Effing Shambles"

Just saw the surgeons saying the same on the midday news.

I don't claim to know the answer. Thats not my job, but surely, they should be able to get it right after all these years.

Anyone suggest alternative translations for......

Te Tare Taake   maybe "You got it, we want it".
MSD               maybe "Wev'e got it, you want it"
Kaianga Ora    maybe "Homeless Creators" 
Waka Kotahi    maybe "Wacko  Road Lot"

Geez, one gets bitter as one gets older?

Ken
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
You are not wrong Ken. All changing names does is cost money and confuse people.
I'm having a bad day with the Gummint today!

This the current fiasco over Nash and him saying what he thinks and doing things for his constituents. Never really been a fan of Nash but he is getting a raw deal from the Labour Party dorks. He is a MP in an area where the Labour MP's have always put the constituents first. In my time starting with Gordon Christie and then Geoff Braybrooke for 33 years between them of great service. I had dealings with Braybrooke when I was with the CAB, He could not have been any more helpful in any matters for his constituents and we were to call at any time over any matter.. The CAB co-ordinator said that the previous MP, Christie was the same help. Nash is just carrying on a proud tradition.

As my wife says, "he is only saying whay 90% of the public think!"

What's the matter with these politicians these days. Bunch of plonkers to put it politely
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
It has never been that good, both my Mum and Dad died in Chch Hospital and I have been in there myself a number of times for treatment. Spent a week or more in a bedside vigil for my Mum, so observed a number of disturbing things.

Nattering nurses talking in the halls, not paying attention to bell pushes from patients, outright not providing correct essential equipment, getting shirty when their mistakes are pointed out.

Lack of professionalism in general from staff.

I'm supposed to have some surgery there myself, been putting it off for a year and now with the lackadaisical approach to Covid, ie not compulsory for all staff to be fully vaccinated, I won't be going in there because I am in my middle 70's and at maximum risk from Covid.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
I dont give a shit what they call it all I know is I have been waiting 2 years for open heart surgery, its a bloody disgrace!
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Save time and money, go for closed butt surgery. Hearts are not the easiest suit to win on.

But, regardless, good luck.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Upper management has been fighting the slight (!!!!) oops by Christchurch's miscalculation for radiology cancer treatment 35 yrs ago. The bits they inadvertently shot holes in are quite a comprehensive list, it was more a battle plan than a therapeutic treatment. Decimating (in the original sense, not the kiddy reporter's view) was achieved midway through the medical conflict rebuilding. If they hadn't anaesthetised her I reckon she could have decked 8 or 10 of them but alas, they got to set the rules of engagement. If she'd been awake, there's a few radiologists would have found out that Rakaia wenches can be feisty big time.  Fortunately, an independent investigation that rather than a medical event it was treated as a medical accident, and ACC slapped a few wrists and prodded some bureaucrats.  That was a bit of a bonus even if somewhat belated and treatment eventually accelerated.
It wasn't total mischief by the Cantabrians, things were advancing fairly fast then (just not so much so in Canterbury).

(If I seem a bit biased, it's because I am a big bit biased.)
Entropy is not what
it used to be.