Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International court issues warrant for Putin
Interesting move; on the grounds of war crimes specifically that of removing Ukrainian children to Russia. And also a warrant for the arrest of the Russian commissioner for children's rights.

Perhaps that may make it easier for one of his underlings to somehow arrest & remove him.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300...imir-putin

Some children were able to be saved by Ukrainians who realised what was happening & hid children or falsified records .

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrain...ca0be54baf
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I once spent a very interesting hour or so listening to a guest speaker at a U3A meeting, a young kiwi lawyer who worked for the Court for some years on cases like the Serbian mass murder of Bosnian Muslims. She was a fascinating speaker, but the thing that stayed with me afterwards was the reality the Court faces in that 'the wheels of Justice grind exceedingly slow' and sometimes they simply never move at all, despite the best intentions of international law.

I suspect it would be unwise to be optimistic about the imminent arrest of the Russian bastard.
(19-03-2023, 05:32 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I once spent a very interesting hour or so listening to a guest speaker at a U3A meeting, a young kiwi lawyer who worked for the Court for some years on cases like the Serbian mass murder of Bosnian Muslims. She was a fascinating speaker, but the thing that stayed with me afterwards was the reality the Court faces in that 'the wheels of Justice grind exceedingly slow' and sometimes they simply never move at all, despite the best intentions of international law.

I suspect it would be unwise to be optimistic about the imminent arrest of the Russian bastard.

Oh yes, it would be - but the opportunity is now there should anyone summon up the courage & the means of achieving it. All the same, I won't be holding my breath.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I hope someone takes him out soon, the main concern is who in the ranks will replace him.
They are all deluded with the same starlin like soviet ideology that its not going to be easy to shake off in their society.
The longer their country suffers with sanctions, the more likely we will see that they shake out of it.