Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Onedrive
Shocked 
Onedrive again. It's turning out I have 3 Onedrive accounts of 5gb each. I mean who knew, right?

Two of the Onedrive accounts are under the 5gb but the other is complaining of being 2gb over limit.

So I need to untangle this mess but it's not easy to understand.

Any thoughts on how I can sort this without deleting stuff I want to keep?

Is any one particular Onedrive supposed to be tied to an email address or is it tied to a Microsoft account?

Looking for a nice tutorial, looks like I need to start from basics. Might be missing some important detail.

I'll start there. Add details as we go. Thanks Confused
ok, an email address can be tied to a Microsoft account, but a Microsoft account can also be set up with a cell phone number...
any microsoft account can have a Onedrive attached
so presumably you have three microsoft accounts each with there own onedrive...

The one that is complaining is the one that is set up somewhere on some device and syncing files

First thing to do is probably to get into the ONEDRIVE settings on each device you use with onedrive and identify which MS account it is using...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Thanks for the thoughts.

Boring into the PC, I'm able to determine that 2 of the Onedrives are connected to the same email. The 3rd Onedrive is connected to another email on its' own.

The little icon the shape of a cloud down by the clock. If I click that, then help&settings>settings, it takes me to 1 Onedrive.
But if I click "View Online", it takes me to the other with 2gb over storage.
Both of these two are connected through same email and same Microsoft account (if I'm understanding it correctly)
What yo can do is go to the One drive that complains about having to much data.

Download some to a folder on your Desktop (for example) Then once enough has cleared, log into the lesser used ones and upload to them.

What you also may want to check is what's being synced to one drive. By Default some folers ( like desktop) get synced when theres no need.

To check what's being backed up, on the cloud in the icon tray - Right click it, Settings - Under Sync and backup (Backup Important PC folders to Onedrive) - Click on button called Manage Back up. Untick any location you don't want synced / Backed up. These are additional Folders to the one drive folder.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
Thanks.

So, I went to the complaining Onedrive, downloaded everything to my downloads as a zip file.
Then I deleted all of it's folders. Simultaneously all the contents of the other Onedrive were deleted too, so I think they are the same account except the complaining one has 2.8gb of Outlook attachments. Have been battling trying to understand how to delete, reconfigure or workaround for the 2.8gb...

I found this option which I'm supposed to have in PC Chrome Outlook but the option to "remove" is not there

[Image: JYvv4HnX_o.jpg]
Also On my Galaxy phone I am able to go into outlook.
Click: more> files and see what is probably all the 2.8gb but no apparent way of un-attaching/deleting etc.

Studying... but taking a break Confused
I see this all too often, typically people need to sign in again for various reasons and sign in using their phone number instead of the email address they had previously registered with, then they cant figure out why the login is invalid and end up registering again inadvertently.
Several hours of study and battle later, I'm not much closer to solving this.

From what I can see both phone and PC are registered through same email and Microsoft account.

Have gone over this numerous times on both devices. There's no apparent place to disconnect the 2.8gb email attachments but system reports it as 57% of the 5gb allocation.

Mr Google points to a Microsoft thing called Microsoft Power Automate. The facility to have Onedrive backup Outlook attachments is there amongst many other options.
This was not activated in my case but I decided to turn it on and turn it off. Nothing changed with the 2.8gb problem.

Am I asking for trouble if I uninstall Onedrive, do a deep clean with Ccleaner, reboot and reinstall?

Thanks
Microsoft Power Automate
(21-03-2023, 07:30 PM)Excalibur Wrote: Several hours of study and battle later, I'm not much closer to solving this.

From what I can see both phone and PC are registered through same email and Microsoft account.

Have gone over this numerous times on both devices. There's no apparent place to disconnect the 2.8gb email attachments but system reports it as 57% of the 5gb allocation.

Mr Google points to a Microsoft thing called Microsoft Power Automate. The facility to have Onedrive backup Outlook attachments is there amongst many other options.
This was not activated in my case but I decided to turn it on and turn it off. Nothing changed with the 2.8gb problem.

Am I asking for trouble if I uninstall Onedrive, do a deep clean with Ccleaner, reboot and reinstall?

Thanks
Microsoft Power Automate

not sure there would be any point, it sound like it is working as expected... 

have you tried logging into https://onedrive.com website? 

In there you can see your files - bottom left shows storage used/allocated, it's clickable for more info, which also provides a link to Outlook attachments

(21-03-2023, 08:32 PM)king1 Wrote: have you tried logging into https://onedrive.com website? 

In there you can see your files - bottom left shows storage used/allocated, it's clickable for more info, which also provides a link to Outlook attachments
Yes, have logged into onedrive.com. I keep going around in circles Angry

Pic below:
Bottom left shows storage/allocation as 2.8gb used of 5gb
Clicking on it does provide a link named Outlook attachments however it merely takes me to Outlook.com which gives no means of deleting or disabling the 2.8gb backup.

Bottom right: Onedrive icon>help and setting>settings
shows 0.1gb of 5gb, no mention of the 2.8gb

Top: this is within Outlook

Could Onedrive be reporting a figure that is not actually for real?? Huh
[Image: 5q59PTRI_o.jpg]
(21-03-2023, 10:18 PM)Excalibur Wrote:
(21-03-2023, 08:32 PM)king1 Wrote: have you tried logging into https://onedrive.com website? 

Yes, have logged into onedrive.com. I keep going around in circles Angry

Pic below:
Bottom left shows storage/allocation as 2.8gb used of 5gb
Clicking on it does provide a link named Outlook attachments however it merely takes me to Outlook.com which gives no means of deleting or disabling the 2.8gb backup.

Bottom right: Onedrive icon>help and setting>settings
shows 0.1gb of 5gb, no mention of the 2.8gb

Top: this is within Outlook

Could Onedrive be reporting a figure that is not actually for real?? Huh
[Image: 5q59PTRI_o.jpg]

I think when you are logging into outlook it is doing so with a different account, the two different storage amounts make that fairly clear... check which account onedrive and outlook are logged in with...

Depending on what type of outlook you are using could also effect One drive.

If you are using Outlook from within 365 on your computer , then for some reason one drive could have been told to backing that up. But that would then be 1TB of drive available, not the 5GB. This size would also change if you had different accounts and not using 365.

Just looking at a couple of One drive accounts -- Our own personal account, Microsoft /Outlook has attachments backed up, but my business account which is a non Microsoft account is all but empty in that Onedrive.

The reason the attachments link sends you to the online Outlook, is that's where 2.8GB of attachments are. What you'll need to do is dump emails that have the attachments if you want to regain space for that Account.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(21-03-2023, 10:52 PM)king1 Wrote: I think when you are logging into outlook it is doing so with a different account, the two different storage amounts make that fairly clear... check which account onedrive and outlook are logged in with...
I started saying there was a duplicate account but then I downloaded and deleted contents of one account. Simultaneously the "other" account contents was deleted.
Now I think the accounts are one and the same but with the difference is that one shows additional outlook attachments

(22-03-2023, 06:32 AM)Wainuitech Wrote: The reason the attachments link sends you to the online Outlook, is that's where 2.8GB of attachments are.  What you'll need to do is dump emails that have the attachments if you want to regain space for that Account.
What I'll do is delete some and see if the 2.8gb figure reduces.

Scratching around on internet, I found this really interesting article...
Outlook.com email attachments will counted as part of the OneDrive allowance
Update: I started deleting emails and after an hour of sorting through, hacking and slashing, I hadn't made any impression on the 2.8gb.
Then I went to Outlook.com and looked for a listing of the attachments. Luckily the list could be inverted so oldest ones appear first. Oldest was '04?
Then I found I could not delete them directly but I was able to find them by reference to sender or search by title.

There must be a lot because I'm only down to 2.7gb now... Rolleyes