Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
geoengineering to save the climate
Not exactly excited about this.
Chemtrail CTs will be going crazy about this right now. There has been quite a lot of talk about this in recent months.
Looks like these experiments have happened with balloons, but the atmosphere is so vast, I can't see any efforts making a real impact unless hundreds thousands of the things are launched around the globe. And what are the repercussions?
https://www.technologyreview.com/2022/12...e-climate/
Lots for whingers to whine about - you'll be in hog heaven.
I do have other cameras!
We have already geoengineered, or terraformed this planet. That is why we are in trouble.
Personally I think I would like a globally coordinated response if we want to start tinkering with the planet on this level... It should not be left to some random startup developing new technologies
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I absolutely agree, and think that is exactly why we are doomed.

Because humanity cannot act as a species, we are too egocentric to permit such a coordinated response.
(21-03-2023, 05:58 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: We have already geoengineered, or terraformed this planet. That is why we are in trouble.

I read that with a growing sense of - well human brilliance knows no bounds; oh look, we found yet another way to fuck ourselves up.

We apparently are freaking idiots who do not learn. Dodgy

The world is a weird place. And humans are crazy.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
People are forgetting that this could be potentially used as a weapon of war where you are held to ransom over climate.
Might not sound so far fetched as you think.
Oh I think people are well aware of the many dangers climate change presents. It being used as a weapon is way down the list. Possibly because weapons reduce population numbers, and when it comes to climate change that is exactly the end result.

It isn't people looking the other way, it is politicians, and those whose wealth is based on creating climate change conditions.

It's like asking those with war based economies to become the doves and work towards peace for mankind. It's pissing into the wind...
(23-03-2023, 10:15 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh I think people are well aware of the many dangers climate change presents. It being used as a weapon is way down the list. Possibly because weapons reduce population numbers, and when it comes to climate change that is exactly the end result.

It isn't people looking the other way, it is politicians, and those whose wealth is based on creating climate change conditions.

It's like asking those with war based economies to become the doves and work towards peace for mankind. It's pissing into the wind...

Its not climate change that is the weapon, its weaponising the weather that you get, if they can manulipulate it, it could be a way to give some countries better climate than others, unless all countries work together.
Either way, we may have another little ice age for a while if some big volcano blows up.
(23-03-2023, 09:52 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: People are forgetting that this could be potentially used as a weapon of war where you are held to ransom over climate.

I saw that movie, it was a solid 8/10

(23-03-2023, 11:08 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(23-03-2023, 10:15 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh I think people are well aware of the many dangers climate change presents. It being used as a weapon is way down the list. Possibly because weapons reduce population numbers, and when it comes to climate change that is exactly the end result.

Its not climate change that is the weapon, its weaponising the weather that you get, if they can manulipulate it, it could be a way to give some countries better climate than others, unless all countries work together.
Either way, we may have another little ice age for a while if some big volcano blows up.

"unless all countries work together."

What, us???! The idiots who have such a very fine record of working peacefully together...? Oh...wait, no that isn't us at all, is it. Rolleyes
If only it was, we might have rather more hope for the future.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(23-03-2023, 01:01 PM)king1 Wrote:
(23-03-2023, 09:52 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: People are forgetting that this could be potentially used as a weapon of war where you are held to ransom over climate.

The scary thing is the amount of ideas that movies come up with end up being a reality in the future, sometimes I feel they were created to send a message.
(24-03-2023, 11:46 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(23-03-2023, 01:01 PM)king1 Wrote: I saw that movie, it was a solid 8/10

The scary thing is the amount of ideas that movies come up with end up being a reality in the future, sometimes I feel they were created to send a message.

yep a lot of them are, but its not scary, its an opportunity...   the old meteor impact global killer scenario, been a dozen movies about that - now we are experimenting with nudging them off course.

The really scary ideas are the scenarios we haven't though of or anticipated that might inflict themselves upon us one day...

(23-03-2023, 01:01 PM)king1 Wrote:

This one was better - what happens when scientists add something to the atmosphere to "solve"  the warming planet:

https://youtu.be/nX5PwfEMBM0

Or this one when they "cure" cancer:

https://youtu.be/dtKMEAXyPkg