Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepearing us for the next plandemic...
Interesting that the lab leak theory is now being more and more accepted too and calls on china to release more data as a result.
Now we have monkeypox, marburg virus and now some dangerous candida fungal infection they are trying to prepare us for.
bit co-incidental dont you think?

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/03/23/helen...t-prepare/

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/3/22...al-disease

Monkeypox vaccine is safe?
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/...accination

I wonder what other jabs will be forced upon us?
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023...ction-skin
I think Aunty Helen telling us we are now much better prepared and it would be unlikely that another pandemic of that scale will come upon us again.

Which leaves us free to respond to the much bigger thteat.
I just cant help but think where our health system could have been right now if the money wasted on covid was put into upgrading our hospitals.
Another pandemic is not so much 'possible' as inevitable. Having read Laurie Garrett's book The Coming Plague about 30 years ago it seems to me that the most surprising aspect of the COVID10 pandemic is that it took so long for it to happen.

We are a species that dominates the plant and its other flora and fauna, as well as modifying our planet's climatic systems, we travel across the globe rapidly and in large numbers and much of our population resides in close proximity in massive numbers. We've abused the pharmaceuticals that are our current first line of defence against bacterial infections (i.e. antibiotics), denied many of quality medical care due to economic factors and our encroachment into wilderness areas together with industrial farming methods have compromised our food quality and choice of diet. Many consume a highly refined and chemically laden diet with first world health issues being rife as a result, and now we're tinkering with our foods and bodies on a cellular level. And it's taken this long for a virus to evolve to the point where it can overrun millions of humans.... colour me surprised!

Laurie covered all these factors and much more in her book. Her comments over the course of COVID's effects have been enlightening and predictable with the inept and poorly implemented US response (under Trump) being the primary factor that she wasn't prepared for.

We have other major health disasters headed our way but relying on the clickbait driven news channels isn't the best way of monitoring such situations, and that doesn't mean YouTube experts are the solution as their motives are similarly unreliable.

(23-03-2023, 11:51 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I just cant help but think where our health system could have been right now if the money wasted on covid was put into upgrading our hospitals.
So you're promoting a 'let it run' strategy then? The health sector would be in total ruin by now with 40,000+ dead NZers going by where that approach lead for other countries.
(23-03-2023, 12:22 PM)harm_less Wrote: Another pandemic is not so much 'possible' as inevitable. Having read Laurie Garrett's book The Coming Plague about 30 years ago it seems to me that the most surprising aspect of the COVID10 pandemic is that it took so long for it to happen.

We are a species that dominates the plant and its other flora and fauna, as well as modifying our planet's climatic systems, we travel across the globe rapidly and in large numbers and much of our population resides in close proximity in massive numbers. We've abused the pharmaceuticals that are our current first line of defence against bacterial infections (i.e. antibiotics), denied many of quality medical care due to economic factors and our encroachment into wilderness areas together with industrial farming methods have compromised our food quality and choice of diet. Many consume a highly refined and chemically laden diet with first world health issues being rife as a result, and now we're tinkering with our foods and bodies on a cellular level. And it's taken this long for a virus to evolve to the point where it can overrun millions of humans.... colour me surprised!

Laurie covered all these factors and much more in her book. Her comments over the course of COVID's effects have been enlightening and predictable with the inept and poorly implemented US response (under Trump) being the primary factor that she wasn't prepared for.

We have other major health disasters headed our way but relying on the clickbait driven news channels isn't the best way of monitoring such situations, and that doesn't mean YouTube experts are the solution as their motives are similarly unreliable.

(23-03-2023, 11:51 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I just cant help but think where our health system could have been right now if the money wasted on covid was put into upgrading our hospitals.
So you're promoting a 'let it run' strategy then? The health sector would be in total ruin by now with 40,000+ dead NZers going by where that approach lead for other countries.
Next thing we will be told that climate change is responsible for these pandemics.
We never would have lost 40,000 people to covid, we only ever had delta and omicron which were never deadly enough to kill people by the masses. The alpha strain as we saw was much more deadly, particularly with older people such as in rosewood.

Check out Africa, lowest vaccine uptake, poor health among their population and such lower deaths.
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-in-a...w-12236347
if we had followed that mentality of "let it run", then most likely we would also have been stupid enough to not close the borders or have lockdowns, ergo 40,000 plus dead
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(23-03-2023, 12:38 PM)king1 Wrote: if we had followed that mentality of "let it run", then most likely we would also have been stupid enough to not close the borders or have lockdowns, ergo 40,000 plus dead

If our stupid politicians actually used their brain instead of listening to the guy from the WHO who was in co-hoots with China we could have closed our borders right from the start and avoided a costly lockdown to begin with.
By the time our borders were closed, it was too late. I was crying out for them to shut the borders.
(23-03-2023, 12:57 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(23-03-2023, 12:38 PM)king1 Wrote: if we had followed that mentality of "let it run", then most likely we would also have been stupid enough to not close the borders or have lockdowns, ergo 40,000 plus dead

If our stupid politicians actually used their brain instead of listening to the guy from the WHO who was in co-hoots with China we could have closed our borders right from the start and avoided a costly lockdown to begin with.
By the time our borders were closed, it was too late. I was crying out for them to shut the borders

have ANY countries been able to hold out covid without lockdowns?   Sweden was the poster child last I heard but they still had work from home mandates and five times our deaths. 

it will be difficult to name any country that has got through Covid unscathed in any shape or form

I'd imagine that what resources we have would need to be shared with far fewer people for one thing  - since we'd have had many more dead. Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(23-03-2023, 12:57 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:

By the time our borders were closed, it was too late. I was crying out for them to shut the borders.

Well - they tend not to listen to ignorant idiots.
I do have other cameras!
(23-03-2023, 06:23 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:

I'd imagine that what resources we have would need to be shared with far fewer people for one thing  - since we'd have had many more dead. Rolleyes

A friend of mine went undiagnosed with cancer because of what covid policy did to the healthsystem with lockdowns, he had symptoms but they delayed his appointment meanwhile the disease progressed and he got turned away.
Only months ago did he actually get attended to and still even now they are not doing anything.
(24-03-2023, 11:42 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(23-03-2023, 06:23 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I'd imagine that what resources we have would need to be shared with far fewer people for one thing  - since we'd have had many more dead. Rolleyes

A friend of mine went undiagnosed with cancer because of what covid policy did to the healthsystem with lockdowns, he had symptoms but they delayed his appointment meanwhile the disease progressed and he got turned away.
Only months ago did he actually get attended to and still even now they are not doing anything.
The health system has been pretty average for years if not a decade or more, covid just made it worse...  Most countries are in the same boat...

(24-03-2023, 12:01 PM)king1 Wrote:
(24-03-2023, 11:42 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: A friend of mine went undiagnosed with cancer because of what covid policy did to the healthsystem with lockdowns, he had symptoms but they delayed his appointment meanwhile the disease progressed and he got turned away.
The health system has been pretty average for years if not a decade or more, covid just made it worse...  Most countries are in the same boat...

Well its no better now, if anything its worse with a 2 tier race-based health system.
My hip replacement went on hold.

So?

Life happens...
(24-03-2023, 04:48 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: My hip replacement went on hold.

So?

Life happens...

Oh gosh, me too, I'll just keep taking the pills! Big Grin
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(24-03-2023, 05:08 PM)Kenj Wrote:
(24-03-2023, 04:48 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: My hip replacement went on hold.

So?

Life happens...

Oh gosh, me too, I'll just keep taking the pills! Big Grin

Washed down with something tasty? I hear ya! Maybe this Christmas we'll both be sort of up and running...  Big Grin
(24-03-2023, 12:05 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(24-03-2023, 12:01 PM)king1 Wrote: The health system has been pretty average for years if not a decade or more, covid just made it worse...  Most countries are in the same boat...

Well its no better now, if anything its worse with a 2 tier race-based health system.

Don't try that one.  Angry Dodgy
Take the time to actually look at the different outcomes for Maori & Pakeha in health. 
I have  a friend who works in health, who is of Maori descent & who is an excellent position to know the reality of it. So that when she was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year, she knew enough to take to the first appointment with her two friends. Two friends who both happened to have  the level of knowledge (including one surgeon) which meant they knew exactly which questions to ask on her behalf. Her outcome is excellent, but that's not so for many Maori. All that's needed if more fairness for everyone.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(24-03-2023, 06:18 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(24-03-2023, 05:08 PM)Kenj Wrote: Oh gosh, me too, I'll just keep taking the pills! Big Grin

Washed down with something tasty? I hear ya! Maybe this Christmas we'll both be sort of up and running...  Big Grin

I doubt it.... I still have the ability to crawl Huh
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!