Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Frequently Asked Computing Questions
A few suggestions...

1Q: I need help - What info should I provide
1A: With IT problems it is important to provide as much detailed information as possible to minimize ambiguity. You can refer our sticky post here . (link to videomonkeys post )

2Q: My device is doing weird things eg can't get online, programs and apps aren't opening, mouse/keyboard won't work
2A: Restart the device: the simple action of restarting a device, can fix many different issues that can occur. This means using the proper shutdown/restart function for the device - lock and sleep modes does not fix any issues even of the screen turns off. Pulling the plug should be a last resort...

4Q: I can't get online with my device
4A: First thing to try is power cycle (unplug, turn off) your modem/router/Fibre ONT or other network hardware.

A few Other Q's -
I want/need to buy another PC/Laptop/Phone/Tablet - what should I be looking for.
I can't send or receive email?
My computer's acting weird, have I got a Virus?
I want to clear my internet history?
My Computer Has Crashed – How Do I Fix It?
How Do I Get My PC into Safe Mode?
I Can't connect to my wireless network

I guess with the scope of some of these there could be any number of possible solutions, and the answer could get quite large - not sure how much detail we need to get into, some of them you really can't answer concisely and correctly in a paragraph or two .
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frequently Asked Computing Questions - by king1 - 19-10-2021, 11:08 AM