Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's For Dinner Tonight??
Big Grin 
Gawd i have missed doing this thread lol.  Tonight is plain and simple for me and hubby,  Boerewors, Caramalised Onion and Sage Fries and Eggs Smile
Home grown roast pork with home grown veggies.
Most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all. Michael Rivero
Sounds good Ralph, i love my roasts but have not had one for ages, just too warm to cook one, roll on winter and all the yummy comfort food that goes with it Smile
I've got lazy with food. I've had salmon sandwiches this morning, but dinner may bew two minute noodles.
(17-02-2020, 11:15 AM)olwen Wrote: I've got lazy with food.  I've had salmon sandwiches this morning, but dinner may bew two minute noodles.

I love doing roasts, because i don't have to do much.
Stick it in the oven and do some veggies later.
We often have something roast with salad.
Most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all. Michael Rivero
(17-02-2020, 11:23 AM)Ralph Wrote:
(17-02-2020, 11:15 AM)olwen Wrote: I've got lazy with food.  I've had salmon sandwiches this morning, but dinner may bew two minute noodles.

I love doing roasts, because i don't have to do much.
Stick it in the oven and do some veggies later.
We often have something roast with salad.
My man who died was forever cooking roasts but it's not my thing, and too much for one person.  I like spicy food, and freeze portions but have been lazy recently.
Mama mia, it's gonna be one-a spicy spag bol tonight.
Wait, what, I got to have a signature?
I've rethought the noodles. Before Xmas I decided to try making spanish croquetas. I made a mushroom and spinach filling and froze it in mini muffin tins. Just pulled a number from the freezer, double crumbled them and have put them in the bench top oven. It was an experiment I had not completed. So I will see if it works. Especially baking them.

(17-02-2020, 05:09 PM)olwen Wrote: I've rethought the noodles. Before Xmas I decided to try making spanish croquetas. I made a mushroom  and spinach filling and froze it in mini muffin  tins. Just pulled a number from the freezer, double crumbled them and  have put them in the bench top oven. It was an experiment I had not completed. So I will see if it works. Especially baking them.
I've decided that they are okay.  I was going to pull out of my U3A lunch group.  This month's theme is Spanish tapas and that was my initial reason to make these.  I reckon I won't disgrace myself with these so will cook a batch on Wednesday to take out.
The very first thread, way back in Feb 2020.

So, what's on the dinner table at yours tonight??

Me, toast and marmite.
(I say that, when I have no idea).
I have just had breakfast. I had this craving for toasted cheese sandwich. Boy it was good.
(01-12-2021, 09:11 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I have just had breakfast. I had this craving for toasted cheese sandwich. Boy it was good.
Morning hunni.

Yummy to toasted cheese sandwich. I'm hungry now.
Mid week meals tonights meal will be pork chops & usual vege
Salad for lunch to make up for this morning's naughtiness...
Having overdone it slightly today, couldn't be arsed cooking so had a tomato & pesto sandwich & some steamed asparagus.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(01-12-2021, 06:06 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Having overdone it slightly today, couldn't be  arsed cooking so had a tomato & pesto sandwich & some steamed asparagus.
Isn't it awesome not having to worry about another person, when it comes to meal time.

I've been known to have weetbix for dinner..lol
Cold leftover grilled duck breast, potatoes fried in duck fat and duck skin, coleslaw with capers and golden raisins and an eggplant and yoghurt dressing. It can be challenging working out meals that use what is in the garden plus what is in the fridge, I hope this isn't too cacophonous.
leftover Chicken Fried Rice from last night while hubby had a couple of Roast Lamb sandwiches
Crab2
Fish fingers.

I made an oven baked vegetable medley in cheese sauce alongside, so not a total cheat. Used up all the vegies in the fridge so I can go shopping tomorrow and have space for all those good things.

It was very yum. Leftovers for tomorrow...
sounds delicious
Crab2