Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Neil - more women leaders needed
Sam thinks that most countries should be run by women.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment...RQVQWG7ZE/

"The 75-year-o still “mourning the loss” of Jacinda Ardern - who stepped down as Prime Minister in January after almost six years in office - and believes that replacing Russian President Vladimir Putin with a member of the opposite sex would alleviate the ongoing conflict with Ukraine.

Speaking on UK TV show Lorraine, he said: “Well, I think women, generally speaking, are better actors than men. I always love working opposite a talented woman because I find my own game lifts. I think that women are better at most things actually, with the possible exception of weightlifting.

I’m still mourning the loss of our Prime Minister in New Zealand, Jacinda Ardern. She’s a terrible loss. I’d like to see a woman running most countries. I suspect there wouldn’t be a Ukraine problem at the moment if we had a woman running Russia.”

And I might very well agree with Sam - but Margaret Thatcher....
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(23-03-2023, 02:06 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Sam thinks that most countries should be run by women.

"The 75-year-o still “mourning the loss” of Jacinda Ardern - who stepped down as Prime Minister in January after almost six years in office - and believes that replacing Russian President Vladimir Putin with a member of the opposite sex would alleviate the ongoing conflict with Ukraine.

Speaking on UK TV show Lorraine, he said: “Well, I think women, generally speaking, are better actors than men. I always love working opposite a talented woman because I find my own game lifts. I think that women are better at most things actually, with the possible exception of weightlifting.

I’m still mourning the loss of our Prime Minister in New Zealand, Jacinda Ardern. She’s a terrible loss. I’d like to see a woman running most countries. I suspect there wouldn’t be a Ukraine problem at the moment if we had a woman running Russia.”

yes, there is always an exception to the rule
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Yes, lets not go there with Thatcher!
In his interview on Stuff, he said NZ is now a country full of moaners, and I couldn't agree more.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(23-03-2023, 05:01 PM)Zurdo Wrote: In his interview on Stuff, he said NZ is now a country full of moaners, and I couldn't agree more.

I think people always moan to some extent though - its a way of letting off steam for most of us, especially on the subject of politicians.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Yes, but he said it's very noticeable when coming back to NZ, we are a nation of moaners. We used to talk about moaning Poms, we have taken over the moaning.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(23-03-2023, 02:06 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Sam thinks that most countries should be run by women.

Sounds a bit sexist to me, gender has nothing to do with it, we need leaders who actually are qualified for the job to begin with regardless of gender.
Why did Jacinda's popularity drop off so much here?
We've had a bad run with Jenny Shipley and Helen Clark too.