Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outlook problem
I have just purchased a new laptop (Windows 11) and have installed Outlook on it but there are no emails showing in the Inbox or anywhere else and I was wondering what I need to do to access my emails.

Thank you for your help.
Depends on what the original account was set as.

Meaning if its a IMAP  account like outlook.com/outlook.co.nz account it should auto populate.

If it was a .pst account then unless you had told the ISP email to save a copy on the server, you have to get the old .pst file from the original email account and import it into the new install. BUT if its a .pst file then the online version thats save will only be the inbox. The .pst file (if thats what it was) Will hold all mail folders. ( NOT Contacts though)

Edited: if its a .pst file then it will be in the Documents/ Outlook folder.

One way to check, log into the web mail for the account, are there any mails there ?
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
as above, totally depends on the type of email account you have. Gmail, Outlook, hotmail, even your own domain based email?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Thanks, Wainui. The Outlook.co.nz worked. All okay now. 

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
"and have installed Outlook"

You don't mention what version of Outlook you installed, but there are older versions that Microsoft no longer support and that they have disabled.

I use Microsoft Office 2010 and the Outlook 2010 application gives the error "Your Microsoft Exchange administrator has blocked the version of Outlook that you are using". You might be getting a different error message or it might just fail to connect.

The workaround as you have found is to use outlook.live.com or to check and make sure you are trying to use a supported version.