Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living with cramp any cures out there?
Any one suffer with cramp, I've had cramp for years and the worst time is waking up with it and struggle to walk to the toilet!
Was on quinine tablets for years which worked really well and kept it under control, a couple of years ago they stopped supplying it here in NZ.  And have tried a few prescribed methods from my doctor which never worked.
I have been using crampezy tablets which I don't really know whether they work or not as if I leave them off its the same outcome!
Has anyone found a way to combat the pain or do I have to live with it?
(31-03-2023, 09:38 AM)mickg Wrote: Any one suffer with cramp, I've had cramp for years and the worst time is waking up with it and struggle to walk to the toilet!
Was on quinine tablets for years which worked really well and kept it under control, a couple of years ago they stopped supplying it here in NZ.  And have tried a few prescribed methods from my doctor which never worked.
I have been using crampezy tablets which I don't really know whether they work or not as if I leave them off its the same outcome!
Has anyone found a way to combat the pain or do I have to live with it?

I am told increasing magnesium and salt in the diet helps - I am low salt by choice, but fortunately I have a good stash of quinine tablets that I eake out when it gets bad. It is a nasty problem, you have my sympathy.
Yes my collection of old wives tales says to eat more salt. That is table salt, put more on your meals from salt shaker but don't overdo it as it is bad for you in large quantities.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
According to this, potassium & some other things can help.

https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/ss...amps-foods
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I use cramp as my excuse for regular fish and chips. Salted...
I had problems with cramp in my legs while lying in bed. My doctor suggested magnesium tablets, and that fixed it.
I do have other cameras!
Another vote for magnesium and salt. (I recommend himalayan pink salt)
Our home grown version from Marlborough is just as pink and minus the Chernobyl leftovers...
(02-04-2023, 02:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Our home grown version from Marlborough is just as pink and minus the Chernobyl leftovers...

I’ve never seen Marlborough pink salt in the supermarket. Is it readily available in store, or do you have to purchase online?
Kiwi made is always better Smile
Murray River salt is fabulous, large pink crystals and a byproduct of the desalination process.
(02-04-2023, 07:33 PM)Wildfern Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 02:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Our home grown version from Marlborough is just as pink and minus the Chernobyl leftovers...

I’ve never seen Marlborough pink salt in the supermarket. Is it readily available in store, or do you have to purchase online?
Kiwi made is always better Smile

Google it for a local, or to buy online. It is as good as imports and far fewer airmiles...
Awesome thanksSmile
It may seem silly but Tonic Water contains quinine so maybe a glass at night?
With some Gin of course, (only for medicinal purposes) Smile Smile
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(03-04-2023, 09:53 AM)Kenj Wrote: With some Gin of course, (only for medicinal purposes) Smile Smile

I like your way of thinking Wink
(03-04-2023, 09:18 AM)alpha111 Wrote: It may seem silly but Tonic Water contains quinine so maybe a glass at night?

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newslette...0effective.
(03-04-2023, 01:04 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 09:18 AM)alpha111 Wrote: It may seem silly but Tonic Water contains quinine so maybe a glass at night?

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newslette...0effective.

I don't like that answer. It says "Don't drink Gin with that Tonic water"  Tongue Tongue
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(03-04-2023, 01:11 PM)Kenj Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 01:04 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: https://www.health.harvard.edu/newslette...0effective.

I don't like that answer. It says "Don't drink Gin with that Tonic water"  Tongue Tongue

Well, that's not a problem. Drink it straight...