Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free Office for Windows problem
I am running Textmaker which is the free version of Microsoft Office.

It usually runs fairly well, but today I have struck a problem with the editing. If I want to insert some text in the middle of a sentence, for example, as I type it deletes the text after it, which makes editing impossible.

I am hoping that someone can tell me how to correct that.

Thanks in anticipation.
(04-04-2023, 03:50 PM)Roscoe Wrote: I am running Textmaker which is the free version of Microsoft Office.

It usually runs fairly well, but today I have struck a problem with the editing. If I want to insert some text in the middle of a sentence, for example, as I type it deletes the text after it, which makes editing impossible.

Thanks in anticipation.

That would probably be the 'Insert' button on the keyboard, basically turns on or off the ability to insert in favour of overwrite...

Usually around the delete button somewhere
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(04-04-2023, 03:58 PM)king1 Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 03:50 PM)Roscoe Wrote: I am running Textmaker which is the free version of Microsoft Office.

Thanks in anticipation.

That would probably be the 'Insert' button on the keyboard, basically turns on or off the ability to insert in favour of overwrite...

Just tried it in text maker, can confirm the "insert" key on the keyboard does turn on/off the new text option without removing existing text.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(04-04-2023, 03:58 PM)king1 Wrote:

Thanks in anticipation.

Thank you very much King1 and Wainui. That was certainly the problem and now everything works as it should.

Much appreciated.
Sounds like you're having a bit of a pickle with Textmaker, huh? ? Don't worry, I've got your back! From your description, it looks like you've got the ""overwrite"" mode turned on. Just hit the 'Insert' key on your keyboard to toggle it off, and you should be good to go.?
However, if you find yourself running into more issues or want to upgrade to a more reliable and feature-packed software, why not consider buying Office 2021 Professional Plus for Windows? It comes with all the latest and greatest features that'll make your work a breeze. Give it a thought, and who knows, you might end up loving the experience! Anyways, hope that ""Insert"" key trick works for ya and happy editing!