Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oops, this could get embarrassing for the US
Quote:The disclosure of highly classified material already represents Washington’s worst national security breach in many years, including details about Ukraine’s lack of ammunition, US intelligence collection methods used against Russia, and embarrassing evidence pointing to US spying on close allies such as Ukraine, South Korea and Israel
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023...k-analysts
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(11-04-2023, 02:09 PM)king1 Wrote:
Quote:The disclosure of highly classified material already represents Washington’s worst national security breach in many years, including details about Ukraine’s lack of ammunition, US intelligence collection methods used against Russia, and embarrassing evidence pointing to US spying on close allies such as Ukraine, South Korea and Israel

Not a good look, is it. You have to wonder exactly why it is that various countries  around the world (& the USA in particular) can't simply behave honourably & as far as practical, mind their own business & keep their sticky fingers out of other countries rather than interfering when they disapprove of the way other country's politics go.
Dodgy

On the other hand though, when it comes to Israel recently the direction their rightwing idiots want to go is extremely concerning -  even to their own people thankfully.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(11-04-2023, 02:09 PM)king1 Wrote:

I was reading about this earlier, the story goes that the US had to "spy" on Ukraine in an effort to make sure that Ukraine was transparent or something like that. Doesnt really look that good given the circumstances.
That isn't what constantly amazes me though. The bit that does is why we still go along with the story that these are the leaders of the free world.

Seems to me they are a backwards looking nation, led by crooks and appeasers. We could do better. We SHOULD do better.
(11-04-2023, 06:25 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: That isn't what constantly amazes me though. The bit that does is why we still go along with the story that these are the leaders of the free world.

Seems to me they are a backwards looking nation, led by crooks and appeasers. We could do better. We SHOULD do better.

Ah yes, the 'free world'. Which apparently is fairly keen to dictate to other countries which particular 'freedoms' they may or may not have.

Perhaps the answer is to oblige ordinary people - the sort who'd run a mile from any power over others - into becoming politicians, but of a very different sort? 

With the best possible & fairest actual outcome for as many as possible. Except...it sounds to good & simple to be possible.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Except that an ordinary person will never become POTUS.

It is a position only the rich can buy.
(11-04-2023, 07:18 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 06:25 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: That isn't what constantly amazes me though. The bit that does is why we still go along with the story that these are the leaders of the free world.

Ah yes, the 'free world'. Which apparently is fairly keen to dictate to other countries which particular 'freedoms' they may or may not have.

Perhaps the answer is to oblige ordinary people - the sort who'd run a mile from any power over others - into becoming politicians, but of a very different sort? 

With the best possible & fairest actual outcome for as many as possible. Except...it sounds to good & simple to be possible.
A good friend of mine lived and ran a business in California for close to 20 years. His take on the US political system is that it is only one party away from being a dictatorial communistic nation. The financial threshold required to construct any sort of opposition to the two incumbent political parties is insurmountable so they are very much stuck in a tweedle dee/tweedle dum situation with no change likely to the present, particularly as the polarisation between the existing factions has ramped up so much over the Trump era.
They need a revolution. But I suspect they are simply too big to have a successful one.
Perhaps we may eventually see the break up of the USA; that would be extremely interesting but also probably difficult. What idiots we humans are!

Just the other day there was an item about people traumatised because they'd been to one of those wars they're constantly having. Perhaps if we didn't send people out to kill & maim each other, that might just possibly avoid that awful trauma...

We're fools & idiots.
The human world is a very small place. Today I got a PM from a dear friend in Dighton Mass, telling me how a school friend of his son had just been arrested by the FBI minutes before, and how shocked the local community were - all of whom knew the young man and his family really well. And then on came the mid day news, and I sit in my lounge in Devonport and see Jack, in the back of the vehicle, cuffed and under guard.

A stupid young man, trying to show off to his mates on a gaming forum, ruins his life, and devastates his family in the process. If ever we needed more proof that 21 year olds do not have fully developed brains, this is a good example...
(14-04-2023, 05:38 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The human world is a very small place. Today I got a PM from a dear friend in Dighton Mass, telling me how a school friend of his son had just  been arrested by the FBI minutes before, and how shocked the local community were - all of whom knew the young man and his family really well. And then on came the mid day news, and I sit in my lounge in Devonport and see Jack, in the back of the vehicle, cuffed and under guard.

A stupid young man, trying to show off to his mates on a gaming forum, ruins his life, and devastates his family in the process. If ever we needed more proof that 21 year olds do not have fully developed brains, this is a good example...

Poor boy, poor family - surely they'll take his age into consideration. It could so easily be almost any young man - or woman. Brokenheart