Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another shooting in America
This one at a sweet 16 party - what the hell is it going to take? How many people need to die before they change their gun laws? What is the unacceptable number which will make that change inevitable?   Dodgy Angry

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/4/17...hday-party

"At least four people have been killed and 28 wounded in a shooting at a “Sweet 16” birthday party in the United States, according to police and media reports.
The gun attack in the small town of Dadeville in the southern US state of Alabama took place late on Saturday night, authorities said on Sunday.
Dadeville itself was shaken by at least one prior mass shooting in August of 2016, when a gunman wounded five people during a party at an American Legion hall, according to the Montgomery Advertiser.
What has our nation come to when children cannot attend a birthday party without fear?” President Joe Biden said in a statement on Sunday.
Biden called the rising gun violence in the US “outrageous and unacceptable,” and urged the country’s Congress to pass laws to make firearms manufacturers more liable for gun violence, ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines, and   require safe storage of firearms and background checks for gun sales."

in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I think the US is a lost cause.
(17-04-2023, 05:49 PM)nzoomed Wrote: I think the US is a lost cause.
Absolutely! The US is fundamentally sick and the NRA is a symptom of that.

But they pixelate out bare bums in TV footage. Their ethics are totally arse about face and actually serve to justify the Islamic world's condemnation of the West.
(17-04-2023, 06:30 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(17-04-2023, 05:49 PM)nzoomed Wrote: I think the US is a lost cause.
Absolutely! The US is fundamentally sick and the NRA is a symptom of that.

But they pixelate out bare bums in TV footage. Their ethics are totally arse about face and actually serve to justify the Islamic world's condemnation of the West.

I can see how that might be; effectively America is its own worst enemy in many ways.

I wouldn't live there for quids.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)