Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to email a PDF
I have a PDF file that I need to edit but I can't see how to do that. It says to upload the saved PDF file but I don't know how to save the PDF document.

I think to edit it I need Adobe Acrobat and so I go Adobe Acrobat Free but the only option I see is one that is quite expensive and not free.

Hopefully you will know where to go to get a free PDF editor.

Will you be able to tell me how to do that, please.

Your help is appreciated. Thank you.
Fill in the PDF.

You can use something like adobe PDF reader ( free)  or several other PDF readers that allow you to fill in a PDF. Then save it, open email, simply attach it like any other attachment. ( paper Clip Icon on your email program) 

If you dont want to use a PDF program to fill in, then print it, manually fill it in by hand, scan it back to a PDF and attach as above.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(18-04-2023, 01:11 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: Fill in the PDF.

You can use something like adobe PDF reader ( free)  or several other PDF readers that allow you to fill in a PDF. Then save it, open email, simply attach it like any other attachment. ( paper Clip Icon on your email program) 

If you dont want to use a PDF program to fill in, then print it, manually fill it in by hand, scan it back to a PDF and attach as above.

Thank you, Wainui. I have filled it in but I can't see how to save it as a file so I can attach it. If I was using a word document I would use Ctrl S but that does not work.

Thanks for your help.
(19-04-2023, 06:38 AM)Roscoe Wrote:
(18-04-2023, 01:11 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: Fill in the PDF.

Thank you, Wainui. I have filled it in but I can't see how to save it as a file so I can attach it. If I was using a word document I would use Ctrl S but that does not work.

Thanks for your help.

When you open a PDf with Word, it converts it to a word document, you then can go file / save as  - Select PDF from the drop down menu.  Ctrl + S only saves it in the same format, you have to use Save as if you want something different (PDF for example) .
(19-04-2023, 07:58 AM)Wainuitech Wrote:
(19-04-2023, 06:38 AM)Roscoe Wrote: Thank you, Wainui. I have filled it in but I can't see how to save it as a file so I can attach it. If I was using a word document I would use Ctrl S but that does not work.

Thanks for your help.

When you open a PDf with Word, it converts it to a word document, you then can go file / save as  - Select PDF from the drop down menu.  Ctrl + S only saves it in the same format, you have to use Save as if you want something different (PDF for example) .
I'm sorry Wainui, but when I open the PDF file in word it does not have the usual menu across the top with File, Home, Insert, etc so I can't see how to edit or save or anything. The menu only says Open, Share, Copy Link and Download, so I just do not know what to do.
in word it is usually File / Export / Create PDF but I don't know how good word will be at form filling

In Adobe Acrobat it seems to work OK, fill in the form then File / Save As

Download from here
https://get.adobe.com/reader/

Make sure you untick the MCAFEE extras...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(19-04-2023, 08:39 AM)Roscoe Wrote:
(19-04-2023, 07:58 AM)Wainuitech Wrote: When you open a PDf with Word, it converts it to a word document, you then can go file / save as  - Select PDF from the drop down menu.  Ctrl + S only saves it in the same format, you have to use Save as if you want something different (PDF for example) .
I'm sorry Wainui, but when I open the PDF file in word it does not have the usual menu across the top with File, Home, Insert, etc so I can't see how to edit or save or anything. The menu only says Open, Share, Copy Link and Download, so I just do not know what to do.
 What version of word are you using ?  In Office word, 365 it pops up with a Message saying its going to convert to word,  ( see attached picture) then when it opens its just like any other word document.

Personally I wouldn't use Word to fill out forms, as most PDF readers will do that now, adobe as linked by king1 is very good at it, the menu is on the Right hand side of the Open PDF file. ( fill and sign I think its called)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

We are supplied a PDF document from our bank to provide them with the required info to action telegraphic transfers. The input fields that relate to the information needed are able to be written into which we do and then print off the completed document, scan it, autograph it and send the PDF of the scan back to the bank.

Fairly simple process.
If you have a scanner, follow harm_less's advice above. If you do not have a scanner then print the document, fill it out by hand and take it to a library or a CAB and ask them to scan it and email it to you as an attachment. Then you can forward that email to wherever it needs to go.
(19-04-2023, 10:55 AM)Olive Wrote: If you have a scanner, follow harm_less's advice above.  If you do not have a scanner then print the document, fill it out by hand and take it to a library or a CAB and ask them to scan it and email it to you as an attachment.  Then you can forward that email to wherever it needs to go.
Our bank won't accept the form if the inputs are handwritten, but the signature is the exception so at that stage a printed copy is required.
(19-04-2023, 11:10 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(19-04-2023, 10:55 AM)Olive Wrote: If you have a scanner, follow harm_less's advice above.  If you do not have a scanner then print the document, fill it out by hand and take it to a library or a CAB and ask them to scan it and email it to you as an attachment.  Then you can forward that email to wherever it needs to go.
Our bank won't accept the form if the inputs are handwritten, but the signature is the exception so at that stage a printed copy is required.

Some places can be a bit funny with hand written, maybe some peoples writing isn't to clear. Wink

But on saying that programs like Adobe reader ( and may others) you can fill out a PDF with out having to scan etc, as well as drop in a signature.
(19-04-2023, 08:39 AM)Roscoe Wrote:
(19-04-2023, 07:58 AM)Wainuitech Wrote: When you open a PDf with Word, it converts it to a word document, you then can go file / save as  - Select PDF from the drop down menu.  Ctrl + S only saves it in the same format, you have to use Save as if you want something different (PDF for example) .