Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opposition blasts govt - 'disconnected from ordinary Kiwis'
Traditionally both ACT & National have always been so very, very, very deeply  concerned with the welfare of those on low incomes, often going out of their way to improve things for the ordinary Kiwi if possible, even if that made them unpopular.
Indeed, they're well known for their kindly humanitarian views intended for the good of all those who are struggling to cope with uncertain times.

And I am of course, Marie Of Romania.... Rolleyes Rolleyes

Really, ACT & National?? Can you seriously believe we cannot recall which party it was which slashed benefits when in govt, thus helping create the poverty we now have here??!
Do you really think anyone with a functioning brain will swallow this total bollocks??

Ruth Richardson ring any bells at all? Jenny Shipley? No? Dodgy

How about 'the decent society?'    Angry

And perhaps Jim Bolger - who finally, albeit  years later found the guts to speak against Neo Liberalism? 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...power-back

"Bolger says neoliberal economic policies have absolutely failed. It's not uncommon to hear that now; even the IMF says so.
But to hear it from a former National Prime Minister who pursued privatisation, labour market deregulation, welfare cuts and tax reductions - well that's pretty interesting.
"They have failed to produce economic growth and what growth there has been has gone to the few at the top," Bolger says, not of his own policies specifically but of neoliberalism the world over.
He laments the levels of inequality and concludes "that model needs to change."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Too late now, the damage is done, we've got some quite accomplished ram raiders though.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(20-04-2023, 11:18 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Too late now, the damage is done, we've got some quite accomplished ram raiders though.

From a generation who post covid gave up on our education system and decided it was easier, quicker, and more lucrative to just steal what they wanted, and to hell with everyone else.

Now, that's poverty of a completely different kind.
I don't believe it has much to do with Covid, much more to blame on the new right economics, ie followers of roger douglas and richard prebble et al, (lower case deliberate) that was the start of the rot and has continued through each successive generation.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(21-04-2023, 09:58 AM)zqwerty Wrote: I don't believe it has much to do with Covid, much more to blame on the new right economics, ie followers of roger douglas and richard prebble et al, (lower case deliberate) that was the start of the rot and has continued through each successive generation.

Some days, I think Roger Douglas & his merry band of bastards should be tried for crimes against humanity; other days I think they should be given medals for showing us what happens when greed is allowed free rein.

Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)