Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One drive problems Windows 11
One drive problems Windows 11
I don't want one drive and when I try to delete it messes my windows explorer ie showing desktop,downloads,music,videos but no documents in the quick access panel.
I don't need Microsoft keep nagging me to add more space.
Just need to go back to how it showed in win10 previously.
yes onedrive is a bit like that...

first thing I usually do is go into the onedrive settings and under advanced I think it is, you need to turn off the space saving option (the keep all your files online instead of on your own device option). This will tell onedrive to download all your files to you device and keep them on your device...

Then under account settings you should unlink the PC

Then you sometimes need to move your files back from the c:\users\xxx\ondrive folder, into the respective folders in c:\users\xxx

The you sometimes need to fix the broken shortcuts and links. Which can actually be a bit painful...
All depends how badly it has screwed things up...

Not a fan of onedrive for this reason, and the way it seems to give itself permission to do this to you when you sign in with an MS account...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
if it is simply that the document folder is missing (not just broken) you may just need to pin it to quick access.

Find the documents folder in the LHS folder pane in explorer, then you can right click and choose 'pin to quick access'
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
The reason its deleting could be the way its set up. From the settings ( right click in Icon tray the cloud) In the top option Sync up important Folders Click on the button " Manage backup" Turn the folders off. By default one drive selects these.

BUT before doing so, make a copy of any files in those folders, because one drive may delete them when disabling, from both the PC and on line.

You can also stop one drive from working by opening task manager, startup Apps - Right click One drive- Disable.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.