Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the number, American NRA?
You know, that finally unacceptable, fully repulsive, stomach turning number of dead kids which will cause the scales to drop from your eyes & allow you all what the rest of us already has - a glowing, full technicolour image of dead & dying children in the wake of yet another macho-poisoned chap who sees his 'right' to carry the biggest, most masculine gun he can manage to afford to brandish as proof of what a real 'man' he really is. And to hell with the consequences.

Because quite a lot of us are getting sick, (literally in some cases) when every week or every day, there's another one of these twisted  people murdering the children of America. 

So could you just tell us all what the number is please, & then we can just grit our teeth till we get to that magic number of murdered kids where the NRA will change its adolescent stance to one of maturity & help stop the madness in America.
And - if its not too much trouble, & you're not too terribly busy cleaning your gun collection NOW is an excellent time. Angry Angry Angry Dodgy

https://www.npr.org/2023/04/20/117103687...ect-search

"Authorities are still looking for the suspect who shot a 6-year-old girl and several others after a basketball rolled into his yard.
Police in Gaston County, N.C., say 24-year-old Robert Louis Singletary shot three individuals shortly before 8 p.m. on Tuesday night in a neighborhood outside of Gastonia, a city about 20 miles west of Charlotte.
One man and one child were seriously injured, a woman was grazed by a bullet and another man was "shot at but not injured." One adult remained hospitalized as of Wednesday, police chief Stephen Zill said in a statement.
Singletary is wanted on four counts of attempted first-degree murder, one count of possession of a firearm by a felon and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill or inflicting serious injury.
Authorities describe him as 6 feet, 2 inches tall with black hair and brown eyes, weighing about 225 pounds, according to member station WFAE.
Singletary was already awaiting trial on felony charges from a December 2022 incident in which he allegedly beat his girlfriend in the head with a mini-sledgehammer and forbade her from leaving his apartment until she had cleaned up the evidence, according to WSOC-TV."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
This is about the old guy who shot the black kid who knocked on his door -

[ Ludwig said he and his grandfather, who goes by the first name Dan, used to be very close.

“But in the last five or six years or so, I feel like we’ve lost touch,” he said. “I’ve gotten older and gained my own political views, and he’s become staunchly right-wing, further down the right-wing rabbit hole as far as doing the election-denying conspiracy stuff and COVID conspiracies and disinformation, fully buying into the Fox News, OAN kind of line. I feel like it’s really further radicalized him in a lot of ways.”

Ludwig said his grandfather had been immersed in “a 24-hour news cycle of fear and paranoia.”

“And then the NRA pushing the ‘stand your ground’ stuff and that you have to defend your home,” he said. “When I heard what happened, I was appalled and shocked that it transpired, but I didn’t disbelieve that it was true. The second I heard it, I was like, ‘Yeah, I could see him doing that.’” ]

This is how far the Conspiracy Theory rabbit hole can take you.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(21-04-2023, 10:15 PM)Zurdo Wrote: This is about the old guy who shot the black kid who knocked on his door -

[ Ludwig said he and his grandfather, who goes by the first name Dan, used to be very close.

“But in the last five or six years or so, I feel like we’ve lost touch,” he said. “I’ve gotten older and gained my own political views, and he’s become staunchly right-wing, further down the right-wing rabbit hole as far as doing the election-denying conspiracy stuff and COVID conspiracies and disinformation, fully buying into the Fox News, OAN kind of line. I feel like it’s really further radicalized him in a lot of ways.”

Ludwig said his grandfather had been immersed in “a 24-hour news cycle of fear and paranoia.”

“And then the NRA pushing the ‘stand your ground’ stuff and that you have to defend your home,” he said. “When I heard what happened, I was appalled and shocked that it transpired, but I didn’t disbelieve that it was true. The second I heard it, I was like, ‘Yeah, I could see him doing that.’” ]

This is how far the Conspiracy Theory rabbit hole can take you.

It must be just awful for people with family who get sucked onto this horrible stuff, there wouldn't be a lot you could do to help them. I count myself extremely fortunate not to live there.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It is possibly inevitable if you have a country saturated with the NRA and churches peddling their beliefs.
(No wonder so many voted for a life of Trumpery)
Entropy is not what
it used to be.