Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I disable "sign in with google" in Browsers
I keep on getting a "sign in with google" pop-up in Firefox, & Chrome running in Linux Mint.
I have disabled it in the Google account, but it still insists on showing. Huh
What site(s) are you going to ?  Normally that only pops up when you have to sign into someplace, and using your google account is an option

Example, picture is from Temu

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
depends, is it the browser wanting you to sign in to save bookmarks etc?
or it could be particular websites asking you to sign, but they would usually offer you multi choices like google, facebook, similar to what pinterest does.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(24-04-2023, 09:50 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: What site(s) are you going to ?  Normally that only pops up when you have to sign into someplace, and using your google account is an option

It happens with just about any website that requires a login, but is not already saved in the Browser. I use DuckDuckGo as a search engine, but makes no difference. I DO NOT require assistance to log in!
(25-04-2023, 07:15 PM)Mzee Wrote:
(24-04-2023, 09:50 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: What site(s) are you going to ?  Normally that only pops up when you have to sign into someplace, and using your google account is an option

It happens with just about any website that requires a login, but is not already saved in the Browser. I use DuckDuckGo as a search engine, but makes no difference. I DO NOT require assistance to log in!

Not sure you will be able to do anything about that, assuming its similar to the one wainuitech posted, it is simply part of the website. Obviously they have their own motivations to encourage visitors to sign up...

Is this an example of the one you see? or the change to settings you made
https://lifehacker.com/you-can-disable-g...1849913714
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
uBlock Origin does the trick. Just put a filter in 'my filters'. Stops it on all websites. There is a list of filters in 'questions & answers'.