Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sky Sport Now channels vs Sky Go/normal satellite Sky
Question 
Hi,
I'm just wanting to see if anyone can help me understand this 'problem' I've noticed on Sky.
I am subscribed to Sky Sport Now to watch F1, Cricket etc, which I'm fairly happy with.
However, I have noticed the following 'issue' when it comes to their pop-up channels for endurance racing, namely the FIA WEC 6 hours of Spa starting at 10:45pm tonight.
On Sky Sport Now, I get channels 1-7, premier league (8), 9, Select, ESPN/ESPN2 and Pop-up 1.
The WEC race is nowhere to be seen on any of the channels, but if I look at the TV guide for Sky Go, they are showing the race on Pop-up 2.
I fail to understand why they are showing the race on traditional Sky (satellite) and Sky Go on Pop-up 2, but they have not made Pop-up 2 available throught the Sky Sport Now streaming platform they run.
It's incredibly frustrating that there is the further gatekeeping of content through the traditional Sky platform.

Why are they doing it this way??
They also did the same thing for the previous race at Sebring for WEC.
I just don't get it...
Not sure as to the reason GameJunkie but I can confirm pop-up 2 is indeed MIA from Sky Sport Now... I find it hard to believe it is a licensing issue
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Sky Pop Up 2 is there - just not screening anything at the moment. It is NOT 24 hour TV
(30-04-2023, 09:26 AM)zippity Wrote: Sky Pop Up 2 is there - just not screening anything at the moment. It is NOT 24 hour TV

Not via Sky Sport Now it isn't.

There's nothing to stop them adding it so the race can be watched via SSN. only having the channel via normal sky/sky go makes zero sense.

(29-04-2023, 08:41 PM)king1 Wrote: Not sure as to the reason GameJunkie but I can confirm pop-up 2 is indeed MIA from Sky Sport Now...  I find it hard to believe it is a licensing issue

Same.

I've emailed them to ask why, but im not sure i'll get a straight answer.

One can hope...
If you get a helpful or informative answer be sure to advise Ripleys. (They probably won't believe you.)
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
A bit off topic, I have Sky Sport Now, mainly for the Premier League. I have been going month to month, but I note that I can get a cheaper rate on a 12 month sub. The 12 month sub offers ESPN as bonus. I contacted Sky to ask what I could expect with the ESPN bonus... Still waiting for a response, can anyone here enlighten me? Cheers
well I signed up for the annual pass this year and all I see are the two advertised ESPN and ESPN 2, plus the SS popup1. The guide listed both of those ESPN channels though...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup