Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National would bring back $5 prescription fees
I'm likely to vote Green again - it would be nice to feel I could vote for another party but the planet's of more importance than anything else now; & I have great grandkids.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(27-05-2023, 03:27 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I'm likely to vote Green again - it would be nice to feel I could vote for another party but the planet's of more importance than anything else now; & I have great grandkids.

I voted for them once........ in the days of Rod Donald and Jeanette Fitzsimons.

They were real people who, even though I didn't agree with everything they said, I respected them.

Not like this bloody shower that call themselves Green these days!
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(27-05-2023, 06:14 PM)Kenj Wrote:
(27-05-2023, 03:27 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I'm likely to vote Green again - it would be nice to feel I could vote for another party but the planet's of more importance than anything else now; & I have great grandkids.

I voted for them once........ in the days of Rod Donald and Jeanette Fitzsimons.

They were real people who, even though I didn't agree with everything they said, I respected them.

I'd agree to some extent; those two were Green through & through but also realistic & well grounded. I sometimes wonder what their party would look like now, had he not died when he did.

Those in now at least have their hearts in the right place, but in these strange times it has to be difficult.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(27-05-2023, 07:30 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(27-05-2023, 06:14 PM)Kenj Wrote: I voted for them once........ in the days of Rod Donald and Jeanette Fitzsimons.

I'd agree to some extent; those two were Green through & through but also realistic & well grounded. I sometimes wonder what their party would look like now, had he not died when he did.

Those in now at least have their hearts in the right place, but in these strange times it has to be difficult.

I can always remember Jeanette Fitzsimon doing an interview somewhere in the Coromandel, pleading against the possibility of gold mining coming back to the Peninsula.

After the interview she got into her old car (Mazda, I think) and driving away up the road in a cloud of blue smoke..... lovely  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
Green party vote from me, and a vote for the local Labour candidate. Being a marginal seat here I figure that's the most beneficial strategy to keep Nact from gaining power.

From my time spent in the upper levels of the Organics sector I know all too well that trying to keep people with Green leanings in a cohesive group is like herding cats. Considering the social and economic factors, and global chaos in play at present no political party would be as difficult to maintain control of than a bunch of environmentally aware and socially sympathetic individuals.
And now apparently Antarctic ice is melting faster than expected. Less food in the sea. Higher sea levels. Faster changes.

I'd like to think that we're not such complete & utter idiots that we can't finally make changes, preferably now.

https://www.facebook.com/NewshubNZ/video...4023215271

I can't believe how anyone would vote for these guys.
If they have their way, they would make petrol and food unaffordable with their crazy ideology.
We have seen the damage they are already capable of. Thank goodness coming october we are going to have a national/act govt that can reverse the damage they have done.
Let's tax the shit out of everyone to save the planet. Where has any of that money gone? It should be going to the rebuild of Hawkes Bay, they have collected bullions of dollars and not a cent to show for it when we have severe weather events.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
That statement is just plain ignorant.
(28-05-2023, 06:40 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: That statement is just plain ignorant.

But sadly, not surprising.
(26-05-2023, 06:30 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I once voted for the Communist Party.  There were only  3 options on the form - L, N or C...so I went for C.

So did I once for Jack Locke (Elsie's husband). He was the doorkeeper for the Canterbury Trades Council in the 1970s ensuring undesirables did not attend. As a Union President at the time I could not vote National!
Later their son Keith became a Green MP.  
Mary Batchelor was the only Labour MP who would regularly attend Trades Council meetings, the others suddenly appeared just before an election ~ what cynicism.
Before a previous election I once apologized to Russel Norman (a nice guy) for the poor attendance at our local UH Grey Power meeting, but when Winston Peters turned up for his electioneering there was standing room only ~ I then gave up on Grey Power.
Bill Andersen was a prominent member of the NZ Communist Party, and President of the Northern Drivers Union...and had a regular table at the Glenn Innes pub. All those drivers strikes, and the Union led by a Communist ! Anyway, he actually did a lot of good work, in a disruptive way. I didn't vote for him, it was a protest vote against National and Labour.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society