Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a woman? documentary streaming for free next 24 hours
Thumbs Up 
Thus is a must watch for every parent

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1664...04929?s=20
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
What rubbish. The only people who need to know what a woman is are those thick males who require educating.
(03-06-2023, 10:03 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Thus is a must watch for every parent

Um.."explosive documentary called What is a woman?" Made by men???   Big Grin Big Grin

Who of course are so very, very expert in all things female. Oh - no, hang on they haven't the least idea have they.   Dodgy

It would be an excellent thing if these idiots could manage to educate themselves even a little, before making fools of themselves so publicly & damaging other people. Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
'must watch' huh? Sounds suspiciously like disinformation

If you can be bothered watching that then I would also suggest you read this for some balance
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/06/dang...ary-woman/
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(03-06-2023, 10:55 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 10:03 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Thus is a must watch for every parent

Who of course are so very, very expert in all things female. Oh - no, hang on they haven't the least idea have they.   Dodgy

It would be an excellent thing if these idiots could manage to educate themselves even a little, before making fools of themselves so publicly & damaging other people. Dodgy

My favourite book
https://www.amazon.com.au/Everything-Men...b_title_bk

(03-06-2023, 10:53 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: What rubbish. The only people who need to know what a woman is are those thick males who require educating.

I think its sad we live in a time that we even have to debate what a woman is.
(03-06-2023, 11:33 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 10:53 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: What rubbish. The only people who need to know what a woman is are those thick males who require educating.

I for one have never really understood women and I'm not sure anyone should have the right to actually define what a woman is... On a purely physical level we can say what the components are, but that isn't where the real debate is at...

(03-06-2023, 11:33 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:

The only people debating are the ignorant or the brainwashed. They are the sad ones.
Photo 

Def: Women.  The ones that go backwards while dancing!

All you need to know!  Tongue Tongue Big Grin Big Grin
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(03-06-2023, 11:44 AM)king1 Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 11:33 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I think its sad we live in a time that we even have to debate what a woman is.

I for one have never really understood women and I'm not sure anyone should have the right to actually define what a woman is... On a purely physical level we can say what the components are, but that isn't where the real debate is at...

And long may that state of confused adoration remain...  Rolleyes
I haven't got a clue what a woman is - and they won't tell us ! It has led to some embarrassing moments for me, and these days generally steer clear of them.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(03-06-2023, 01:16 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 11:33 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I think its sad we live in a time that we even have to debate what a woman is.

The only people debating are the ignorant or the brainwashed. They are the sad ones.

Exactly - there's NO need to 'debate what a woman is' because the only people claiming to be confused about it are the ones who want to prevent trans and/or gay people from being accepted in our society.
To some extent, they may very well be the same people who have managed to get Uganda to pass its extreme anti gay laws. Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(03-06-2023, 01:16 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:

I think its sad we now have to turn a blind eye to something that is a mental illness and instead treat it as something "normal".

(03-06-2023, 04:44 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 01:16 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The only people debating are the ignorant or the brainwashed. They are the sad ones.

Exactly - there's NO need to 'debate what a woman is' because the only people claiming to be confused about it are the ones who want to prevent trans and/or gay people from being accepted in our society.
To some extent, they may very well be the same people who have managed to get Uganda to pass its extreme anti gay laws. Dodgy
It's OK to accept it, but it doesn't have to be encouraged as something "normal" to children at a young age at school.
I never even heard about any of this trans stuff growing up.
(03-06-2023, 04:49 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 01:16 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The only people debating are the ignorant or the brainwashed. They are the sad ones.

I think its sad we now have to turn a blind eye to something that is a mental illness and instead treat it as something "normal".

(03-06-2023, 04:44 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Exactly - there's NO need to 'debate what a woman is' because the only people claiming to be confused about it are the ones who want to prevent trans and/or gay people from being accepted in our society.
It's OK to accept it, but it doesn't have to be encouraged as something "normal" to children at a young age at school.

to be fair CT, your upbringing as you've mentioned previously, wasn't exactly normal...  if you'd had a normal sort of upbringing in a 'normal' (used loosely of course Wink  ) society, then you might have been exposed to these kind of issues from a young age and may well have developed a bit of an understanding of the complexities and nuances of human beings.  

and why should it surprise you that you had never heard of it?  It's not the sort of thing 'they' would want you to know about because it doesn't fit with the organisations world view... but I hope you would agree there is a lot wrong with that organisation and its way of thinking...

(03-06-2023, 05:26 PM)king1 Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 04:49 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I think its sad we now have to turn a blind eye to something that is a mental illness and instead treat it as something "normal".

to be fair CT, your upbringing as you've mentioned previously, wasn't exactly normal...  if you'd had a normal sort of upbringing in a 'normal' (used loosely of course Wink  ) society, then you might have been exposed to these kind of issues from a young age and may well have developed a bit of an understanding of the complexities and nuances of human beings.  

and why should it surprise you that you had never heard of it?  It's not the sort of thing 'they' would want you to know about because it doesn't fit with the organisations world view... but I hope you would agree there is a lot wrong with that organisation and its way of thinking...

No I don't consider I had a normal upbringing, but I never remember this sort of stuff being talked about at school.
I remember hearing a little about homosexuals but wasn't until I was a bit older when I learned what transvestites were.
Sex education certainly never talked about any of it, but its quite the opposite these days.
I don't think normal actually exists. I think it is an optimistic term adopted by people who prefer not to accept their own personal quirks and weirdnesses, by pointing out those same traits in others.. Once we realise that we are each deeply strange individuals and that is okay, then it is easier to recognise others are also entitled to the comfort of their own individual eccentricities. Theirs do not make ours better or worse, and neither is it compulsory for us to be like them.

We need to learn to be ourselves, and let others be themselves. Including our children. The idea those children are mini mes is a delusion, they too are entitled to be themselves. To expect others to be reflections of ourselves is a selfish delusional mental illness, an egotism gone mad. You be you, and let the rest be them...

The world would be a better place, CT...
(03-06-2023, 06:25 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I don't think normal actually exists. I think it is an optimistic term adopted by people who prefer not to accept their own personal quirks and weirdnesses, by pointing out those same traits in others.. Once we realise that we are each deeply strange individuals and that is okay, then it is easier to recognise others are also entitled to the comfort of their own individual eccentricities. Theirs do not make ours better or worse, and neither is it compulsory for us to be like them.

We need to learn to be ourselves, and let others be themselves. Including our children. The idea those children are mini mes is a delusion, they too are entitled to be themselves. To expect others to be reflections of ourselves is a selfish delusional mental illness, an egotism gone mad. You be you, and let the rest be them...

I'm all about inclusivity, but a line needs to be drawn in the sand.
Matters such as sports with trans athletes is one such concern, same with beauty pageants, etc.
Also do you think its right that a child at the age of 11 can consent to surgical procedures that are irreversible?
Some of these kids later regret their decision as an adult, this is fact and needs to be openly discussed.
Why?

Why do we have to impose our standards, our beliefs, on people who are perfectly capable of developing their own, especially if they are OUR children who we have raised to be intelligent rational thoughtful people? What gives us the right to be bosses of other people? You really think we know best?

I certainly don't. And frankly, I think young people today are way more prepared to live good lives than we ever were. Latest research indicates they are drinking less, far less likely to get into drugs, are more picky about their sexual partners and are altogether more responsible that their parents and grandparents were, so just who do we think we are laying down rules?

It is a very different world today. Let them navigate it their way. After all, they have to live with the consequences. We'll be long dead...
(03-06-2023, 06:25 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I don't think normal actually exists. I think it is an optimistic term adopted by people who prefer not to accept their own personal quirks and weirdnesses, by pointing out those same traits in others.. Once we realise that we are each deeply strange individuals and that is okay, then it is easier to recognise others are also entitled to the comfort of their own individual eccentricities. Theirs do not make ours better or worse, and neither is it compulsory for us to be like them.

Exactly - after decades of being told that I'm slightly - or very - weird, I have given up any idea of attempting normality & decided to embrace my weirdness. And those who don't like it can bugger off, I find that I can manage very well without disapproving puritanical plonkers who want us all to be beige or pale grey.

Besides, this world needs more colour in the form of varying types of people, & as I said to Madame Le Dog only this morning, humans are crazy; be glad you're a dog.
 Although I have a sneaking suspicion that she too is in fact slightly weird... Rolleyes
(03-06-2023, 07:19 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:

Besides, this world needs more colour in the form of varying types of people, & as I said to Madame Le Dog only this morning, humans are crazy; be glad you're a dog.
 Although I have a sneaking suspicion that she too is in fact slightly weird... Rolleyes

My opinion of dogs is that Madame Le Dog and most other dogs are more honest and intelligent than most of us so called superior creatures in the human race.  Tongue Big Grin Big Grin Specially my late, much loved Corgi Wan Kenobi!
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!