Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jehovah's Witness church seeks exemption from royal commission abuse in care inquiry
Disgusting, this group must not be allowed to get away with it.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/4912...re-inquiry
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
We really need to re examine the place of all churches in our community. They operate under old rules which may not be fit for purpose in a lot of ways. And no, none of them should be exempt from that magnifying glass.
There are NO grounds to exempt them, NONE. The fact they're attempting to get exemption is extremely suspicious; what have they got to hide?
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Multiple child brides maybe?
(04-06-2023, 03:46 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Multiple child brides maybe?

Now there's a hideous thought, poor little sods.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(04-06-2023, 03:36 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: There are NO grounds to exempt them, NONE. The fact they're attempting to get exemption is extremely suspicious; what have they got to hide?

They are only concerned about the financial impact and bad press, they are trying everything to stop members leaving.
They constantly tell the members that all these allegations are lies.
Well it only looks worse if you ask me.
They typically try to settle as much stuff out of court as possible to reduce the negative publicity.
Also means the payouts are typically confidential as a result.
(05-06-2023, 11:53 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(04-06-2023, 03:36 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: There are NO grounds to exempt them, NONE. The fact they're attempting to get exemption is extremely suspicious; what have they got to hide?

They are only concerned about the financial impact and bad press, they are trying everything to stop members leaving.
They typically try to settle as much stuff out of court as possible to reduce the negative publicity.

An excellent reason to conduct such things very publicly then, including any payouts.

Surely, as good christians they can have no possible objection to that.... Rolleyes Rolleyes Dodgy
(05-06-2023, 03:52 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(05-06-2023, 11:53 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: They are only concerned about the financial impact and bad press, they are trying everything to stop members leaving.

An excellent reason to conduct such things very publicly then, including any payouts.

Surely, as good christians they can have no possible objection to that.... Rolleyes Rolleyes Dodgy

Well I have to say it's a push to even describe them as Christians knowing what they actually teach.