Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remdesivir treatment killed Covid patients
Just learned about this, I don't think it was used in NZ.
This doctors husband who was also a doctor ended up in hospital with Covid and died from the drug.
https://rumble.com/vwqvyg-how-my-husband...art-1.html
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
So worst case: some patients do die even being given Remdesivir as opposed to most patients dying of Covid if Remdesivir is not given to them.

"What is the success rate of remdesivir for covid treatment?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration even broadened the scope of the existing EUA for Remdesivir to include treatment of all hospitalized adult patients irrespective of their severity. We observed a 78% success rate with Remdesivir, 44% with CP and only 13% with the combination of three [Remdesivir, Convalescent Plasma, and Tocilizumab in moderate to severe Covid-19 pneumonia]"

You persist in effectively demanding perfect solutions even when being told that you are in the real world and such perfect solutions are not available and nor will they be, ever.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Life is dangerous. But hey, let's find someone to blame...
(05-06-2023, 12:39 PM)zqwerty Wrote: So worst case: some patients do die even being given Remdesivir as opposed to most patients dying of Covid if Remdesivir is not given to them.

"What is the success rate of remdesivir for covid treatment?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration even broadened the scope of the existing EUA for Remdesivir to include treatment of all hospitalized adult patients irrespective of their severity. We observed a 78% success rate with Remdesivir, 44% with CP and only 13% with the combination of three [Remdesivir, Convalescent Plasma, and Tocilizumab in moderate to severe Covid-19 pneumonia]"

You persist in effectively demanding perfect solutions even when being told that you are in the real world and such perfect solutions are not available and nor will they be, ever.

If you watch the video, she explains the treatments they were using in the hospital that gave good results.
There is alot more too it than you realise.
This drug has a 50% chance of death if administered 3 times.
Oh my God. I think the only "safe" thing I could say in response to this thread, is

1. Rumble is a well-known alternative social media site brimming with misinformation. Frequented by extreme right wingers and other loons.
2. Remdesivir is available in NZ. And is in fact manufactured in Auckland by a lab.
It is not approved by Medsafe for use in NZ hospitals, but can be prescribed as a Section 25 Medicine

insert eye-roll.
Eye rolling is the appropriate response...
(06-06-2023, 08:44 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Eye rolling is the appropriate response...

Slightly concerned though about the long term effects of constant eye rolling, which seems to be becoming more frequent.... Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(06-06-2023, 12:00 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 08:44 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Eye rolling is the appropriate response...

Slightly concerned though about the long term effects of constant eye rolling, which seems to be becoming more frequent.... Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Giggle Rofl
Here's another good reason not to catch Covid:

COVID-19 can cause brain cells to ‘fuse’

https://qbi.uq.edu.au/article/2023/06/co...e%E2%80%99
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(06-06-2023, 12:29 PM)TinkandTiff Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 12:00 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Slightly concerned though about the long term effects of constant eye rolling, which seems to be becoming more frequent.... Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Giggle Rofl

I comfort myself with the knowledge any exercise is good for me.
(08-06-2023, 10:28 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Here's another good reason not to catch Covid:

I wonder where the Uni Of Q managed to find brain cells to study? They can't be a local sample, both of those are in a Government Vault under enhanced security.
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(09-06-2023, 08:28 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 12:29 PM)TinkandTiff Wrote: Giggle Rofl

I comfort myself with the knowledge any exercise is good for me.

True, there's always some tiny comfort. Big Grin Rolleyes

(09-06-2023, 01:35 PM)R2x1 Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 10:28 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Here's another good reason not to catch Covid:

I wonder where the Uni Of Q managed to find brain cells to study? They can't be a local sample, both of those are in a Government Vault under enhanced security.
Wink

Imported, surely. They'd have to be. Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Well my brain must be well and truly screwed.
Cell fusion? Hmmm, maybe some of us got covid and never realised it...
Perhaps if they fuse energetically enough they'll result in the fusee being called a bright b*stard?
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(16-06-2023, 07:01 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Perhaps if they fuse energetically enough they'll result in the fusee being called a bright b*stard?

Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes