Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael J. Fox suffers heartbreaking fall...
Michael J Fox fans concerned by frail actor as he thanks fans after scary on-stage fall - Mirror Online

Incredible the work he has achieved since first being diagnosed, also in fund raising for research. 

I wish you well Michael.
Its sad what happened to him at such a young age, Parkinsons typically affects much older people.
Its also sad that it takes a celebrity to actually have this disease to actually raise awareness and funding for research for a cure.
I think I read somewhere that his foundation has raised a billion dollars into research. It also looks like they have made good progress as a result.
I think long term the ultimate treatments will be some form of gene therapy using CRISPR and/or mRNA technology.
He's definitely got guts; plenty of actors in that situation would have kept schtum rather than speaking out & drawing attention to the condition. I'd love to think it might lead to a better treatment or even eventually a cure, preferably in time to help him.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)