Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TM Member for how long?
Was just looking at my TM profile.
Turns out I've been a member for 17 years!

How long have you been a TM member?
Most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all. Michael Rivero
for this nic it is July 2003 but I did have another nic prior to that so would be longer
18 years, was a MB member from 2002-2010 then i got banned from the MB lol
Before 2000. Picked up a leaflet in a fish and chip shop.
(17-02-2020, 10:53 AM)crab2 Wrote: for this nic it is July 2003 but I did have another nic prior to that so would be longer

Gosh the TMMB's were pumping back then!

(17-02-2020, 11:08 AM)tommi2 Wrote: 18 years, was a MB member from 2002-2010 then i got banned from the MB lol

Did you get a permanent ban? 
I've only been banned twice.
The first time I was mortified.
The second time I didn't return for about 7 years on my own accord.
Most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all. Michael Rivero
Yeah i got a permanent ohhhh dear lol. There are quite a few i miss from those days, gee we had fun, i used to love the christmas card swap, that was neat
(17-02-2020, 11:14 AM)tommi2 Wrote: Yeah i got a permanent ohhhh dear lol.  There are quite a few i miss from those days, gee we had fun, i used to love the christmas card swap, that was neat
You must have been very, very naughty.   

One of the cool kids at the back of the bus  Cool
(17-02-2020, 10:49 AM)Ralph Wrote: Was just looking at my TM profile.
Turns out I've been a member for 17 years!

How long have you been a TM member?
I would be about the same, I joined way back in 2003!
I couldnt think of a username at the time so just randomly choose nzoom since i had that website open, but it was taken lol, so ive got this lousy username that has gone with me ever since.
No i wasn't i just swore at someone, i had previously been temp banned twice for swearing lol, never mind, i lurked on occassion, hence how i discovered this, we do these things when we are bored lol Wink
Since 2005.
(17-02-2020, 11:22 AM)tommi2 Wrote: No i wasn't i just swore at someone, i had previously been temp banned twice for swearing lol, never mind, i lurked on occassion, hence how i discovered this, we do these things when we are bored lol Wink

Funny. I've been swearing hard-core since they announced the closure.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
December 2011
(17-02-2020, 12:07 PM)Ralph Wrote:
(17-02-2020, 11:22 AM)tommi2 Wrote: No i wasn't i just swore at someone, i had previously been temp banned twice for swearing lol, never mind, i lurked on occassion, hence how i discovered this, we do these things when we are bored lol Wink

Funny. I've been swearing hard-core since they announced the closure.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'd say there would be quite a few who will be calling them a few names  Angel
October 2009 for our business account but our personal account kicked off in December 2003. Seen a lot of changes with many of them not positive for TM users.
16 years and 5 stars for me
Bit of a late bloomer in comparison to a lot of you. About 9 or 10 years from memory, over 500 trades with only one shall we say, interesting experience lol! Wasted a fair amount of time on the message boards too in the later years (this isn't my TM username however), particularly motoring. Learnt so much, gained a lot of respect for certain posters and just shook my head at others. Hoping this site takes off as it looks like it has definite potential.
Always blow on the pie. 
Joined Jan 2005, never had a warning or banning. I must be a good girl  Angel  A new name for here as TM name was more for my daughter
Joined TM in June 2004

Discovered TMD and MOTORING boards about 2008
Spent about a year in MB2 while it was winding down and until it shut down (not my fault).
About that time until now have been mostly in General Discussion.
July 2003 here, so almost 17 years. 380 trades, only 2 neutral feedback. 1 was my fault, the other was the buyer being a self entitled numpty.
(17-02-2020, 07:00 PM)s.monkey Wrote: July 2003 here, so almost 17 years. 380 trades, only 2 neutral feedback. 1 was my fault, the other was the buyer being a self entitled numpty.
About the same for me.
1st person never contacted me and then blue faced me after I made several attempts to contact the buyer, second was because I complained to the seller for trying to charge me stupid money for a cardboard box to ship the goods in (which already came in a box to begin with!)