Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropping vaping flavour names will result in reduction on use?
"From August, vapes will need child safety mechanisms, and potentially enticing names like 'cotton candy' and 'strawberry jelly donut' which accompany far too many products will be prohibited.

"Only generic names which accurately describe the flavours can be used such as 'berry'."

I somehow dont see much difference between a "berry" vape and "strawberry jelly donut"
I thought i read somewhere that they were looking at only introducing basic flavours such as mint and a couple of others.
I think if you got rid of all the flavours, you would actually see a meaningful change. Still got to be better than cigarettes right?

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/06/06/govt-...ton-candy/
personally i think social vaping should be banned outright - there should only ever be two or three approved types available and they should only be available over the counter at pharmacies using a staged nicotine reduction plan... anything else is just creating another generation of dependency
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(08-06-2023, 11:06 AM)nzoomed Wrote: "From August, vapes will need child safety mechanisms, and potentially enticing names like 'cotton candy' and 'strawberry jelly donut' which accompany far too many products will be prohibited.

"Only generic names which accurately describe the flavours can be used such as 'berry'."

I somehow dont see much difference between a "berry" vape and "strawberry jelly donut"
I thought i read somewhere that they were looking at only introducing basic flavours such as mint and a couple of others.
I think if you got rid of all the flavours, you would actually see a meaningful change. Still got to be better than cigarettes right?

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/06/06/govt-...ton-candy/

I think it makes sense & could perhaps help prevent younger ones from starting to vape, though the 'berry' thing does seem very similar to others.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(08-06-2023, 11:51 AM)king1 Wrote: personally i think social vaping should be banned outright - there should only ever be two or three approved types available and they should only be available over the counter at pharmacies using a staged nicotine reduction plan...  anything else is just creating another generation of dependency

I can see why it catches on with young, ive been around them smoking(the staff at our PB tech vape heaps) and even when they have put it away and gone inside, you can smell it on their breath, it smells so delicious!
Often pineapple and other flavours can be smelt.
It was only ever meant as a way to get of cigarettes, but the big tobacco giants have all bought into the industry heavily and thats our issue, too much advertising was allowed on the TV for far too long too.
The big companies don't like losing their market share and buying into their competitors is a common strategy as they can capitalise on their existing customer base and advertising platforms.

Big tobacco into vapes, soft drink companies into juice and bottled water, oil companies into hydrogen and 'e-fuels'. Those companies are so predictable and manipulating.
I'd really like to see big tobacco forced out of business (including vaping) & required to donate all their profits to health systems in those countries affected by smoking related health conditions around the world.
They knew the damage being done by their product but chose to not bother informing the rest of us, thus allowing countless millions to become addicted, & in time become ill, & many of them died from that.

It'll never happen of course - but in a fair world it damn well would.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The govt really slipped up badly right at the point that vaping was taking off, partially due to the measures they had been making around tobacco too.
The vaping brands such as vuse were hitting the TV screens hard with party music and were totally targeting a young audience, they even were advertising that you could get a free vape!
Once the govt made the announcement around advertising restrictions, the adverts on TV surged further to make the most of it, but at that point it was already too late, many people were hooked.

That being said, all these kids with vapes at school, this issue lies with the parents partially, the candy flavours certainly dont help, but I can only assume the kids are sneaking their parents ones to school?
I sure hope that retailers are not selling them to underage kids!
(09-06-2023, 10:19 AM)nzoomed Wrote: The govt really slipped up badly right at the point that vaping was taking off, partially due to the measures they had been making around tobacco too.
The vaping brands such as vuse were hitting the TV screens hard with party music and were totally targeting a young audience, they even were advertising that you could get a free vape!
Once the govt made the announcement around advertising restrictions, the adverts on TV surged further to make the most of it, but at that point it was already too late, many people were hooked.

That being said, all these kids with vapes at school, this issue lies with the parents partially, the candy flavours certainly dont help, but I can only assume the kids are sneaking their parents ones to school?
I sure hope that retailers are not selling them to underage kids!

I wouldn't be surprised if they are - unless kids have ID it must be difficult for retailers.
Having smoked for some 35 Plus years and switching to vape Its saved me lots of money. On the health side the damage has pretty much been done and vaping doesn't lesson the shortness of breath and feel it creates new medical issues. Now Ive switched addictions Im still stuck trying to kick the vaping. Not being strong willed I'm most likely going to die vaping. Id willing donate my body to research if they wanted to explore some of the affect of vaping on the body. Vaping is as a evil as Smoking. Just a cheaper way to slowly kill yourself. Band the lot I say. It would be hell but a solution that would work a lot for the most.
Last place I worked everyone was a smoker and vaping. At all breaks they talked about vaping - what machine, flavours etc. It's part of the culture now. We had a young guy come in for work experience, and he was vaping. I asked if he was giving up smoking already - nah, he was into vaping.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
I gave up years ago using what was called an e cigarette ( basically a small vape thingy) from the chemist, just before vapes really took off here. It was absolute hell but once I got free of it I wasn't ever going back & I found that eventually I didn't need the little vape cigarette thingy.
But a friend switched to vapes & is now addicted to them instead of cigarettes & can't seem to give them up at all, which isn't good as she also has asthma.