Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have more kids - Luxon
Christonabike - is the man mad!

Rolleyes Big Grin

Allegedly a tongue in cheek remark.

And lo & behold - its all the fault of women. How very original of him. Not. Dodgy
How dare we become educated - ignoring that in these times, a family requires two incomes thanks to Neo Liberalism.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...ore-babies

"Part of the issue was that many women were having only one child, or postponing starting a family. More babies were born to women aged over 40 last year than women aged 20 and under, and there is a projected 30,000 fewer children in the school system in the next decade.
The main factors behind the trend were that women were becoming more highly educated and working. The cost of having children was also a deterrent, as were environmental considerations.
Politicians around the world were also grappling with declining birthrates. Only Sweden had managed to reverse its trend.

Looking around the world, pro-natal politics – which have put serious money on the table – still have not stopped fertility decline. Germany has thrown mega euros at it, the Singapore government is panicking,” he said."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Forgetting the serious decline in male fertility, which is down to our own environmental degradation...
(08-06-2023, 04:09 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Forgetting the serious decline in male fertility, which is down to our own environmental degradation...

No doubt due somehow to  women doing something or not doing something... Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
yeah he did seem to miss out the "screwing your wages down for the last 30 years during Nationals tenure, by opening immigration floodgates and unfavourable employment laws, to create a low wage economy where the employers have all the power, such that no one can afford to buy a house on their own anymore" - bit...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Want women to produce more babies? Pay them for the work and lifetime cost involved.
(08-06-2023, 06:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Want women to produce more babies? Pay them for the work and lifetime cost involved.

Bwahaha!

I do believe I can hear the screams of outraged shock already.  Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

(08-06-2023, 06:04 PM)king1 Wrote: yeah he did seem to miss out the  "screwing your wages down for the last 30 years during Nationals tenure, by opening immigration floodgates and unfavourable employment laws, to create a low wage economy where the employers have all the power, such that no one can afford to buy a house on their own anymore" - bit...

I'm not sure why it is but the bits politicians leave out are always infinitely more interesting than what they actually say... Rolleyes Big Grin
Let's see them squeeze out a watermelon sized screamer after carrying it around in their belly for months...

Have more babies indeed. We already have too many - adopt a few of the desperate ones. No? Want your 'own'? Yes? YOU do it then!

Stupid boy.
I wonder what his position will be if the parents of all these rugrats end up in poverty and need a helping hand or family support?

(08-06-2023, 04:09 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Forgetting the serious decline in male fertility, which is down to our own environmental degradation...

Which is down to the likes of BPA and PFOA, etc that is literally in the bloodstream of every living creature. Pretty scary stuff.

I certainly wont be having kids, dont know what future I would be giving them the way this world is heading, and this planet doesnt exactly need any more humans.
That said, humanity needs to reproduce to survive as a species.
But China's one child policy has caused massive issues for their population and demographics, so thats not exactly a solution either.
(08-06-2023, 09:09 PM)king1 Wrote: I wonder what his position will be if the parents of all these rugrats end up in poverty and need a helping hand or family support?

That will be the rightwing default position of ' they're lazy people who don't want to work & have no personal responsibility' obviously. It can't possibly be the govt's fault.. Rolleyes

(08-06-2023, 07:37 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Let's see them squeeze out a watermelon sized screamer after carrying it around in their belly for months...

Have more babies indeed. We already have too many - adopt a few of the desperate ones. No? Want your 'own'? Yes? YOU do it then!

Stupid boy.

I wish it was possible for both genders to have just one pregnancy & childbirth each... Rolleyes
Somebody's got Luxon sussed:

[Image: FyJ7wqyagAI0rDj?format=jpg&name=large]
(09-06-2023, 10:14 AM)nzoomed Wrote:

Which is down to the likes of BPA and PFOA, etc that is literally in the bloodstream of every living creature. Pretty scary stuff.

I certainly wont be having kids, dont know what future I would be giving them the way this world is heading, and this planet doesnt exactly need any more humans.
But China's one child policy has caused massive issues for their population and demographics, so thats not exactly a solution either.

Yes. However may I suggest that decisions like that are more philosophical than real life, because the real life thing is inclined to sneak up behind us, tap us on the shoulder and when we turn, punch us right in the face.

As happened to me. And these days, 35 years later, I am exceedingly grateful for the punch...  Big Grin
(09-06-2023, 05:01 PM)harm_less Wrote: Somebody's got Luxon sussed:

[Image: FyJ7wqyagAI0rDj?format=jpg&name=large]

Definitely got his number!  Big Grin Big Grin

(09-06-2023, 06:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(09-06-2023, 10:14 AM)nzoomed Wrote: Which is down to the likes of BPA and PFOA, etc that is literally in the bloodstream of every living creature. Pretty scary stuff.

Yes. However may I suggest that decisions like that are more philosophical than real life, because the real life thing is inclined to sneak up behind us, tap us on the shoulder and when we turn, punch us right in the face.

As happened to me. And these days, 35 years later, I am exceedingly grateful for the punch...  Big Grin

I've eventually come to the conclusion that being a parent is something we should all do because we learn so much from it. That said its  damned hard work at times but also has various joys involved.

Not least being that lovely magical moment when, having resisted the temptation to quietly strangle your truly  dreadful teenagers you become a grandparent, which makes it all worthwhile.
With the added bonus of a front row seat as your kids deal with their very own teenagers... Rolleyes Rolleyes Big Grin
somebody will have to work to pay your pensions [Removed: Rule 2A]
yes i know
(10-06-2023, 03:34 PM)jim157 Wrote: somebody will have to work to pay your pensions [Removed: Rule 2A]

That and the superfund which should have loads of money in it by now - we as taxpayers have been paying that for the last 20 years...   

ok, it would have had loads of money in it if a certain National government hadn't stopped the contributions for the better part of 10 years...  stunningly short-sighted decision that one

(10-06-2023, 05:02 PM)king1 Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 03:34 PM)jim157 Wrote: somebody will have to work to pay your pensions [Removed: Rule 2A]

That and the superfund which should have loads of money in it by now - we as taxpayers have been paying that for the last 20 years...   

ok, it would have had loads of money in it if a certain National government hadn't stopped the contributions for the better part of 10 years...  stunningly short-sighted decision that one

Or if Muldoon hadn't canned the cotnributory scheme labour set up in 1974. It's obvious the National party thinks only of power for its own sake, and to hell with the rest of us.
I do have other cameras!
(10-06-2023, 05:02 PM)king1 Wrote:

I think most of our politicians suffer from a short sighted view on all things. Except perhaps their own perks & pay.

Putting them on the same level of income as the lowest wage or benefit would almost certainly work wonders, for the rest of us. Rolleyes Big Grin