Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My never-ending fascination with NZ Post
Slightly less sneaky this year, announcing the cost of a letter was going up to $2 (buy your Kiwistamps now folks...)

However... just got an email announcing of a few more undisclosed changes for July 1.

"No more prepaid tracked bags. NZ Post is changing to a bag only range.  You will purchase bags and then postage tickets separately for each bag size, either a tracked ticket or a courier ticket up to 3kg.  The 5kg tickets will continue at new prices for parcels over 3kg.  Bag and ticket combined will cost more than the current rates.

70 mm small parcel tickets will no longer be available. The lower cost small parcel tickets (up to 70mm thick) will no longer be available so price increases for these customers will be higher."

You'll be able to use your own bags (which has always been the case), but the majority of people posting parcels in the shop will just pick up a bag there, so that's a sneaky price rise on the cards IF the info is correct.

Fun times.
Highwaybloodyrobbery. Have you seen what it costs to send a postcard these days? Ripoff...
Utter bloody bastards! Were they afraid they might miss out on making a bit extra dosh given that every damned thing - especially supermarkets - is now costing the earth?
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
NZ Pos are a bit puzzled as to why their brilliant master plan* is not working. It's a puzzlement.

*Cut services, slow down everything that remains, prevent any information flow into or out of the Help! department, raise prices exponentially and give the CEO a big rise plus extra benefits.

It is such a simple plan, the CEO likes it a lot.
Now all it needs is for those peasants working there or trying to use the Pos to fall in behind the executive team, get their shoulders to the wheel, their noses to the grindstone, their eye on the ball, keep a stiff upper lip and stand up straight.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
NZpost really gets under my wick. Nothing surprises me anymore with these guys.
Those prepaid bags were a good system that wasnt broken, justs adds more complexity to the whole thing.
Its just not worth buying stuff online no more. Nz post seem make more then sellers in some cases. In saying that Ive cut down on the crap I buy of likes trademe as most of it is just that CRAP someones broken or near end of life Junk.
We were informed by NZ Couriers of a rates rise being implemented from July 3rd, in the region of 8%. Just another cost increase that will need to be passed onto our customers as inflationary factors just keep on coming.

Worth remembering that the fuel tax and RUC reductions end next month too which may have some bearing on transportation cost increases but in any case it's going to be a tough month for many.
Thanks to Steve over on the Trade Me help forums, here's the new July 1 rates for sending of small parcels that NZ Post don't want to talk about. There are also changes to the over 3kg pricing.

XS - up to 0.001m³ - $4.80
S - up to 0.0015m³ - $6.00
M - up to 0.0035m³ - $8.00
L - up to 0.005m³ - $9.00
XL - up to 0.01m³ - $13.00

Max weight 3kg, need to use your own packaging, or buy a bag.
Bags cost $1 (or $2 for the XL bag), and add extra for bubble.
Add $2 for courier
Rural delivery surcharge possibly up to $5.50 (I say possibly, it only mentions the Courier service)

----------------

Doing the maths, that XS bag is going to be mighty wee. A book of say, 23 x 16 x 4cm just scraps in as an S.
I got an envelope today with some seeds inside and two beautiful stamps on the outside. I was so impressed by the stamps I didn't notice the cost to send at first... Christchurch to Auckland $3.00.
I'm sure all of these price increases could have been avoided if NZ post had decided not to waste millions needlessly refreshing their logo/branding and then rebuilding their website to make it worse.
(15-06-2023, 08:17 AM)Agent_24 Wrote: I'm sure all of these price increases could have been avoided if NZ post had decided not to waste millions needlessly refreshing their logo/branding and then rebuilding their website to make it worse.

Agreed, they are literally doing everything they can to ruin their customer service.
Trademe isint much better.
(15-06-2023, 10:29 AM)nzoomed Wrote:
(15-06-2023, 08:17 AM)Agent_24 Wrote: I'm sure all of these price increases could have been avoided if NZ post had decided not to waste millions needlessly refreshing their logo/branding and then rebuilding their website to make it worse.

Agreed, they are literally doing everything they can to ruin their customer service.
Trademe isint much better.
It's called 'shrinkflation' in physical products but no different for service providers.