Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boris Johnson leaves politics
Just had a brief look at a UK forum I sometimes visit, & while they're all pleased at the news that Boris has gone they all suspect that he may try to return at some stage.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-65863267

[b]"Boris Johnson has stepped down as a Tory MP after claiming he was "forced out of Parliament" over Partygate.[/b]
The ex-PM saw in advance a report by the Commons Privileges Committee investigating if he misled the Commons over Downing Street lockdown parties.
In an explosive and lengthy statement, he called the committee a "kangaroo court" whose purpose "has been to find me guilty, regardless of the facts".
The committee said it had "followed the procedures and the mandate".
The cross-party committee of MPs - the majority of which are Conservative - added it would conclude its inquiry on Monday and "publish its report promptly".
Mr Johnson's resignation now triggers a by-election in his marginal constituency of Uxbridge and South Ruislip.

Delivering his announcement late on Friday evening, Mr Johnson said the draft report he had seen was "riddled with inaccuracies and reeks of prejudice", adding it was clear the committee was "determined to use the proceedings against me to drive me out of Parliament".
"They have still not produced a shred of evidence that I knowingly or recklessly misled the Commons," he said, insisting "I did not lie".
He also accused its chairwoman, Labour's Harriet Harman, of "egregious bias", saying he was "bewildered and appalled" at how he was being forced out."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Starting to sound a bit like Donald Trump isn't he?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
In an amateurish fashion, they may have met at the hairdresser's "let your hair down" party?

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(11-06-2023, 07:57 PM)king1 Wrote: Starting to sound a bit like Donald Trump isn't he?

Learning from an expert idiot... Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)