Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luxon's 'negative, wet, windy' comment
"National Party leader Christopher Luxon was filmed on Monday calling New Zealand a “very negative, wet, whiny, inward-looking country” while chatting with farmers in Helensville.
Luxon can be heard on the 1News video telling farmers: “We (New Zealand) have lost the plot, and we have to get our mojo back.”

Rolleyes Dodgy

There's a poll on it now...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3009038...ng-country
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
And yet, he wants to lead such a country? Weird. He can afford to live in a happy one, so why doesn't he?
Strange election campaign. Who in their right mind would vote for someone that views New Zealand with such disdain?

Nazis
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(13-06-2023, 03:53 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Nazis

"Labour's greatest asset'.

There's some truth to that as well. Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(13-06-2023, 03:27 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
"National Party leader Christopher Luxon was filmed on Monday calling New Zealand a “very negative, wet, whiny, inward-looking country” while chatting with farmers in Helensville.
Luxon can be heard on the 1News video telling farmers: “We (New Zealand) have lost the plot, and we have to get our mojo back.”

Rolleyes Dodgy

There's a poll on it now...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3009038...ng-country

And  nearly 2/3s of respondents agree.
No one is forcing any of them to stay.
(17-06-2023, 09:05 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No one is forcing any of them to stay.

And when National, Act become government this year no one will force you to stay either.  But you will and be a wet inward looking whiner.
(17-06-2023, 10:08 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(17-06-2023, 09:05 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No one is forcing any of them to stay.

And when National, Act become government this year no one will force you to stay either.  But you will and be a wet inward looking whiner.

OR simply have a differing view to yours. The difference being that you're unlikely to be insulted for it in this forum. Rolleyes
(17-06-2023, 11:00 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(17-06-2023, 10:08 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: And when National, Act become government this year no one will force you to stay either.  But you will and be a wet inward looking whiner.

OR simply have a differing view to yours. The difference being that you're unlikely to be insulted for it in this forum. Rolleyes

Really?  I have been insulted a few times here which was ignored by the various mods.
(17-06-2023, 02:33 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(17-06-2023, 11:00 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: OR simply have a differing view to yours. The difference being that you're unlikely to be insulted for it in this forum. Rolleyes

Really?  I have been insulted a few times here which was ignored by the various mods.

Really? Seems unlikely.
(17-06-2023, 02:33 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(17-06-2023, 11:00 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: OR simply have a differing view to yours. The difference being that you're unlikely to be insulted for it in this forum. Rolleyes

Use that big Report button at the bottom of every post - we don't read every thread only the ones that interest us...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(17-06-2023, 06:06 PM)king1 Wrote:
(17-06-2023, 02:33 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Really?  I have been insulted a few times here which was ignored by the various mods.

Use that big Report button at the bottom of every post - we don't read every thread only the ones that interest us...

Hmmm you were the mod who ignored it - you commented on the thread so clearly saw it.

(17-06-2023, 11:00 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(17-06-2023, 10:08 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: And when National, Act become government this year no one will force you to stay either.  But you will and be a wet inward looking whiner.

I guess the poll wasn't quite what you were hoping it would be huh?
(17-06-2023, 06:38 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(17-06-2023, 06:06 PM)king1 Wrote: Use that big Report button at the bottom of every post - we don't read every thread only the ones that interest us...

Hmmm you were the mod who ignored it - you commented on the thread so clearly saw it.

That would depend on which poll you mean. But then polls tend to be often not of much use since the only one which really counts is on election day.  Smile Rolleyes
i'm not sure that poll should be used as a political barometer - there's an equally whiny number of nat supporters out there.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(17-06-2023, 07:13 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(17-06-2023, 06:38 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Hmmm you were the mod who ignored it - you commented on the thread so clearly saw it.

That would depend on which poll you mean. But then polls tend to be often not of much use since the only one which really counts is on election day.  Smile Rolleyes

The one you referred to in the first post the one that nearly 2/3s people agreed with the comment.
It's a matter of what questions were asked in the poll; f'r instance, to get near certainty of unanimity you could ask if the supporters of other parties were a bunch of "very negative, wet, whiny, inward-looking" twerps.
Presto, we have a united country.
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(17-06-2023, 08:36 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(17-06-2023, 07:13 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: That would depend on which poll you mean. But then polls tend to be often not of much use since the only one which really counts is on election day.  Smile Rolleyes

The one you referred to in the first post the one that nearly 2/3s people agreed with the comment.

Two thirds of those who replied; & fairly obviously that particular two thirds will be right wing supporters so agreement is to be expected, just as it would be in a similar poll which had a question pertaining to a left politician expressing a view.
(18-06-2023, 02:13 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(17-06-2023, 08:36 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: The one you referred to in the first post the one that nearly 2/3s people agreed with the comment.

Two thirds of those who replied; & fairly obviously that particular two thirds will be right wing supporters so agreement is to be expected, just as it would be in a similar poll which had a question pertaining to a left politician expressing a view.

You're the one who drew attention to it and posted about it. Now the numbers don't work for you reject it?  Oh my.
(18-06-2023, 06:07 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(18-06-2023, 02:13 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Two thirds of those who replied; & fairly obviously that particular two thirds will be right wing supporters so agreement is to be expected, just as it would be in a similar poll which had a question pertaining to a left politician expressing a view.

You're the one who drew attention to it and posted about it. Now the numbers don't work for you reject it?  Oh my.

Do you really not get that those in agreement will almost certainly be of the right wing variety or is it just convenient to ignore that?