Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who thinks this Prosecution was a waste of resources
Not sure about this one, seems far less disruptive than protests in the real world, and forgery seems a bit extreme, false pretences maybe...

Quote:Just days before the Petroleum Exploration and Production Association of New Zealand (Pepanz) conference began on September 30 in 2019 at Queenstown’s Millennium Hotel, attended by delegates from around the world, the defendant sent a spoof email saying the event had been called off.

"We apologise for the inconvenience. We will endeavour to reimburse stakeholders for registrations, including flights to and from Queenstown where possible," she wrote.

"Our only recourse at this point is to completely reassess our approach to the basis of our industry, petroleum... But there is a silver lining to all of this: we will not be there to listen to that incessant chanting."

Penwarden admitted composing and sending the email to those scheduled to speak at the symposium but said it was simply satire.

https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/star-nat...s-her-liar
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I think she is a stupid woman who is old enough to know better.
she is that - I just wonder how much disruption it would have really caused?

someone would have received it, called the organisers, they would have asked for a copy, someone will have noted the email address wasn't legit, send out out a legit email to attendees, probably took 5 minutes to sort out.

I can't help thinking if the 'victim' wasn't the petroleum industry, the prosecution wouldn't have seen the light of day. I'm not condoning what she did, but it does seem a bit heavy handed...

I note the harmful digital communications act talks about 'malicious impersonation'

does it qualify as malicious?

While it was stupid, I really don't see it as being malicious in intent.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I do. Which is where her stupidity comes in to it. I think the prosecution is just, AND a waste of resources. But being an idiot has its consequences.
I can't wait to see the outcome of this... and what the fine or otherwise is