Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deja Vu - Nats 'get tough on gangs'. Again.
There must be an election in the wind. Rolleyes

They do seem to make a habit of going  for the Neanderthal vote. Virtually every election, they trot this one out yet again.  Dodgy
And even they must by now be well aware that 'getting tough', while sounding wonderfully stern & no-nonsense-brisk simply doesn't work as various govts have discovered.

One of these days, a political party will actually look at & then address, the causes. The shock will no doubt cause widespread heart attacks across the entire world. Rolleyes Rolleyes

And they wonder why voters become cynical.... Rolleyes

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...ngstanding
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I heard the bootcamp for young offenders on the news again today - yawn...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Definitely yawnies. And that guy on Q&A summed it up rather well...
I remember Muldoon was going to sort out those gangs...and he brought in the Unlawful Assembly law...we couldn't ride with more than 3 in a group. But, to give him his dues, he did go out and meet the gangs - I can't imagine Luxon rubbing shoulders with the Mongrel Mob.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
A friend of mine who had a business in Wellington, back when Muldoon was PM, put a barbecue on for his workers, and someone had the idea of asking Muldoon if he wanted to come down for a beer. He showed up!
I do have other cameras!
(18-06-2023, 10:06 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I remember Muldoon was going to sort out those gangs...and he brought in the Unlawful Assembly law...we couldn't ride with more than 3 in a group.  But, to give him his dues, he did go out and meet the gangs - I can't imagine Luxon rubbing shoulders with the Mongrel Mob.

Nevertheless - I feel sure some of us would just love to see it!

Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(19-06-2023, 11:53 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(18-06-2023, 10:06 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I remember Muldoon was going to sort out those gangs...and he brought in the Unlawful Assembly law...we couldn't ride with more than 3 in a group.  But, to give him his dues, he did go out and meet the gangs - I can't imagine Luxon rubbing shoulders with the Mongrel Mob.

Nevertheless - I feel sure some of us would just love to see it!

Well our prev PM had no issues giving funds to Gangs and rubbing shoulders with drug dealers so the bar has been set
(19-06-2023, 12:40 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(19-06-2023, 11:53 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Nevertheless - I feel sure some of us would just love to see it!

Well our prev PM had no issues giving funds to Gangs and rubbing shoulders with drug dealers so the bar has been set

When you say "no issues giving funds to Gangs ", I presume you mean using the seized proceeds of drug crime to fund meth addiction programs for gang members? A terrible thing to do no doubt... 

But which drug dealers?

The PEP scheme was another Muldoon invention...and it was great, a lot of good work done. And also put money into the hands of gangs.
Waging war with society
(19-06-2023, 02:55 PM)Zurdo Wrote: The PEP scheme was another Muldoon invention...and it was great, a lot of good work done.  And also put money into the hands of gangs.

Oh no - don't confuse wainuiperson with straight facts, rather than rightwing spin!
I do have other cameras!
Muldoon was National, and left wing...then Lange's Labour took over...and they were right wing. Oh, this politics stuff is so confusing !
Waging war with society
"No political solution to our troubled evolution,
we are spirits in the material world"

Sting
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(19-06-2023, 01:44 PM)king1 Wrote:
(19-06-2023, 12:40 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Well our prev PM had no issues giving funds to Gangs and rubbing shoulders with drug dealers so the bar has been set

When you say "no issues giving funds to Gangs ", I presume you mean using the seized proceeds of drug crime to fund meth addiction programs for gang members? A terrible thing to do no doubt... 

But which drug dealers?

A certain Czech one.

And giving the Gangs that peddle meth nearly $3mil for addiction programmes was one of the most idiotic things you could think of.  And to add insult taking it from a fund that was meant to help victims of crime.
(19-06-2023, 09:32 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(19-06-2023, 01:44 PM)king1 Wrote: When you say "no issues giving funds to Gangs ", I presume you mean using the seized proceeds of drug crime to fund meth addiction programs for gang members? A terrible thing to do no doubt... 

But which drug dealers?

A certain Czech one.

And giving the Gangs that peddle meth nearly $3mil for addiction programmes was one of the most idiotic things you could think of.  And to add insult taking it from a fund that was meant to help victims of crime.

don't think so, victims of crime must be funded by other means
https://www.justice.govt.nz/justice-sect...d/#purpose

Both Labour and National both have failed to address gangs, National always goes on about gangs during elections, but have never delivered.
Labour virtually gives them royal treatment however.
A free motorcade from Whakatane through Opotiki?
On newstalk ZB, they had people call in saying it stretched all the way to Ohope beach.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
A fan of talkback radio then?
(19-06-2023, 09:57 PM)king1 Wrote:
(19-06-2023, 09:32 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: A certain Czech one.

don't think so, victims of crime must be funded by other means
OK so it wasn't what I thought it was for.  Though giving 3 mil to the same gangs who produce and sell meth doesn't seem to be a great way of combating organised crime and gangs.  Would also be interested to see what the outcomes from that programme were compared to programmes run by traditional providers.

No comment about the Czech drug dealer though......
From the Stuff article ~ "National leader Christopher Luxon said gangs “thrive by preying on the most vulnerable individuals, peddling addiction, intimidation, and widespread misery wherever they set up shop.”"
Thought he was talking about Microsoft there for a few minutes.
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(20-06-2023, 07:28 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(19-06-2023, 09:57 PM)king1 Wrote: don't think so, victims of crime must be funded by other means
OK so it wasn't what I thought it was for.  Though giving 3 mil to the same gangs who produce and sell meth doesn't seem to be a great way of combating organised crime and gangs.  Would also be interested to see what the outcomes from that programme were compared to programmes run by traditional providers.

are you saying they are friends? He's being deported isn't he?

(20-06-2023, 08:34 AM)king1 Wrote:
(20-06-2023, 07:28 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: OK so it wasn't what I thought it was for.  Though giving 3 mil to the same gangs who produce and sell meth doesn't seem to be a great way of combating organised crime and gangs.  Would also be interested to see what the outcomes from that programme were compared to programmes run by traditional providers.

are you saying they are friends? He's being deported isn't he?

Yep, sending him home by NZ Post..... "The Czech is in the mail"

(Sorry, I couldn't help it  Big Grin )
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!