Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not a recipe, but BONCO bakeware
please move this thread if needed. Smile

i have acquired a small collection of bonco bakeware, produced in auckland sometime around the 60s at a guess. they were also known as W H Bond and Co.

i was wondering if anyone knew anyone who may have worked at the factory, or had some form of catalogue? i am trying to grow my collection, but its hard with no information on google. i just found out today about a measuring cup.

they did metal bakeware like patty tins, triangular graters, sifter, loaf and cake tins, and also a range of non-stick coated items. i did recently find a non-stick flan tin they released, and the still attached sticker branded that range as Manor House.

many thanks in advance for anyone who can help shed light on this nz company.
It comes up occasionally on TM. I am often tempted...
(20-06-2023, 08:50 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It comes up occasionally on TM. I am often tempted...

good thinking, probably as good as anything as far as a catalogue is concerned

Expired listings
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchR...region=100
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
thanks. i have been buying quite a bit on trademe and from the local op shops. its just the sheer variety amazes me. tin sizes and such.

its a fun collection to develop, and reasonably inexpensive currently.
Those graters & the loaf tin look very like mine, which I'm still using.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
So addictive, building a collection. Sez she with 13 huge jars all in a row...

And still eying up popeye's garage stash!

(22-06-2023, 03:27 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Those graters & the loaf tin look very like mine, which I'm still using.

And mine, ditto. Mind you I do fancy a painted sifter...
lol, i have 16 different sifters currently. a lot of those recent solds were sold to me. lovely seller, really happy with them.

i started collecting after having massive success with fruit mince pies using of their patty tins last year. i currently have two tins containing lolly cake, and plan to eventually make use of everything.

link to my collection thus far.
https://sunscollections.weebly.com/bonco-bakeware.html
I love using my old kitchen tools. One of my favourites is a wire pastry blender, with a green handle. It matches my vegie peeler - both nearly as old as I am and still doing what they were designed to do.

Sort of like me...
its a slippery slope... the older kitchenware is really cool and better quality than today. when i get my own place, i may branch out to utensils and such.
Pick a handle colour and stick to it. That way you can call your wickedness 'disciplined collecting', lol...
My oldest favourite is a little hand held mouli made in France, which belonged to my grandmother. I use it frequently as its really useful for chopping herbs.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
thats good advice on the handle color. im going to wait until i find a set i like all in one place. i am finicky about matchy-matchy. lol.
Tempting, but I'm not going to do it...

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/...4190834680
ooo, nice. i will hold off, too. not needed right now, where im living.
But so tempting, lol...

I have to stop browsing the old kitchenware listings...

One day soon.
just had this arrive from trademe. no idea what its for. lol. 60mm across, 45mm deep.

looks like remnants of a price sticker on the bottom.

It looks a bit like an old Billy, for taking on picnics to make tea over an open fire but not as big.
my first thought is some kind of cookware for an an old coal range, like my Nana use to have in Granity...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Too thin for a range top cooking utensil. Looks just like an old rusty billy like we used when camping before gas appliances took all the fun out of things.
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
Having spent a good while cooking on a wood stove, and then on gas, I rather like electricity.