Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russians & Mercenaries not happy campers
Oh dear, what a shame, never mind!

All is not well in the world of murdering innocent people, & the boys with the toys have fallen out with each other. Excellent news - if they confine their revenge to each other.
If not then it could be very bad news for the rest of us.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-66006142

[b]o[/b]Yevgeny Prigozhin’s declared move against the Russian military leadership is "almost certainly an attempted coup", the former US Ambassador to Ukraine Bill Taylor has told the BBC.
This is serious for Putin. The Russians are taking this very seriously, and it sounds like they should.”
But Taylor, who was in Ukraine last month, says the Wagner boss is unlikely to succeed.
The ministry of defence forces have the equipment, have the aircraft, have the tanks – they have the military equipment in numbers – to put down Prigozhin's forces," he says.

But the Russian infighting could potentially help Ukraine in its fight to defeat Russia's invasion, Taylor said.
"If the Russians are now worried about their chain of command, then the Russians that are supposed to be fighting the Ukrainians may be distracted and may even run."
[b]"The head of Russia's Wagner mercenary group has vowed to "go all the way" to topple Russia's military leadership, hours after the Kremlin accused him of "armed rebellion".[/b]
Yevgeny Prigozhin said his Wagner fighters had crossed the border from Ukraine into Russia, entering the city of Rostov-on-Don.

Mr Prigozhin said his men would destroy anyone who stood in their way.

The local governor urged citizens there to keep calm and stay indoors.

Mr Prigozhin claimed that his forces had shot down a Russian military helicopter that "opened fire on a civilian convoy". He did not give a location and the assertion could not be immediately verified.

The Wagner Group is a private army of mercenaries that has been fighting alongside the regular Russian army in Ukraine.

[b]r [/b]On Friday, the 62-year-old mercenary leader accused the military of launching a deadly missile strike on his troops and vowed to punish them. He did not provide evidence.

Authorities have denied the strike and demanded he halt his "illegal actions"

Mr Prigozhin said the "evil" in Russia's military leadership must be stopped and vowed to "march for justice".

"Those who killed our lads, and tens of thousands of lives of Russian soldiers [in the war in Ukraine] will be punished," he said in an audio message posted to the social media platform Telegram.

"I ask you not to resist. Anyone who does will be considered a threat and destroyed. That goes for any checkpoints and aviation on our way.

"This is not a military coup, but a march of justice. Our actions do not interfere with the troops in any way."

Russia's President Vladimir Putin is receiving round-the-clock updates on the situation, his spokesman said."

[b]w as Wagner chief accused of mutiny[/b]
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
So that's why he was interested in the Chathams?
(24-06-2023, 05:06 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: So that's why he was interested in the Chathams?

Well...I'd rather like to see him & his mates 'march to The Chathams!'

Rolleyes Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

Walking on water, anyone?? Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Bolt hole?
Just saw a video of Wagner troops on a convoy heading back into Moscow, Ukraine will be happy.
He is still permitting bombing runs to the Ukraine.

This is a transcript of his meeting with the Russian military...

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2023/06/24/...PQcTrKXBT4

and then everyone backs down...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300...ching-deal
There's a suggestion that it may have all been staged in order to make it look as if Putin has won something.
For anyone interested here is a:

"Timeline of Events in Russia over the Last 24 hrs"

from Reddit so expect some questionable -----> downright disgusting language, mental images etc:

https://old.reddit.com/r/WagnerVsRussia/...st_24_hrs/

The comment section is definitely worth a quick peruse especially towards the end of the thread for pertinent opinions.

Sometimes there are some very clever and witty comments.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
It all seems to have fizzled out then.
Seems that way but it's very puzzling that it has gone this way, people were hoping for Putin's head on a pike.

Surely the Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin will be running and hiding for the rest of his life pursued by Putin's secret service and also angry Wagner units who feel betrayed.

Why has he backed down and not finished what he started? I suppose anything is better than being dead, even if you are admired for your sacrifice.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
More crazy stuff:

Billions of roubles: Prigozhin claims Russian forces have found a van and 2 buses containing boxes of his money

https://www.yahoo.com/news/billions-roub...13179.html
(25-06-2023, 04:16 PM)zqwerty Wrote: More crazy stuff:

Billions of roubles: Prigozhin claims Russian forces have found a van and 2 buses containing boxes of his money

https://www.yahoo.com/news/billions-roub...13179.html

That adds to the general confusion....mind you, if its going spare, I feel sure some of us could volunteer to give it a home.

Even if only briefly... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
Prigozhin will be a wanted man by Putin now, but it appears Putin indirectly made a deal with him.
Only way to guarantee his safety is if Putins regime collapses.
Don't know what it means for Prigozhin or Russia, but he is a popular figure over there.
i'd say it's the beginning of the end for Putin to be honest, it shows weakness having to make a deal with someone who was about to march on Moscow...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Agreed, Putin leaves the scene and let's someone else pick up the pieces. Says alot about the guy.
Putin is ruthless and calculating, he won't leave power until he is dead.

If he has to he will go nuclear, NATO needs to watch what they do.

Situation is volatile and unpredictable.
And here is the ludicrous ending:

Russians complain that Wagner mercenaries damaged kilometres of roads

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/06/25/7408452/

This is who feels let down:

The Russian Army special unit "Storm Z," which supported Wagner Group CEO Prigozhin in yesterday's attempted coup d'état against Russian President Vladimir Putin, is a little dismayed that Prigozhin abandoned them.

https://old.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideo...m_z_which/
(26-06-2023, 09:17 AM)zqwerty Wrote: Putin is ruthless and calculating, he won't leave power until he is dead.

If he has to he will go nuclear, NATO needs to watch what they do.

Situation is volatile and unpredictable.

Yes, I think he's that ruthless too. Which is why I hope one of his henchmen decides to quietly remove him & hopefully replace him with someone more reasonable.
Putin will be laying low for some time i reckon.
Interestingly enough, it appears Prigozhin was attacked by the russian army, or so he claims.
If thats the case, it could be very well the reason he gets away with what he did.
(26-06-2023, 02:12 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Putin will be laying low for some time i reckon.
Interestingly enough, it appears Prigozhin was attacked by the russian army, or so he claims.
If thats the case, it could be very well the reason he gets away with what he did.

We're probably never going to know exactly what the hell happened, whether they genuinely did have a falling out or if it was all a sham.

I just wish the Russians would get the hell out of Ukraine & leave them in peace.