Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AN-VC300 Video Camera
    AN-VC300 Video Camera

Bought a video camera a couple of months back from a Op Shop for $20.00. Sadly I was not wearing my classes and it wasn't until I got home that I realized that, my newly acquired camera would not work with my computer and was in fact intended to only work with a particular model on LG Tv. Now I wonder if anyone my have any idea of a work around. Happy to have made a donation, but I hate the idea of it sitting in a draw unused. Replies gratefully received. :-) Using Windows 11 64bit, have tried Manage Camera, but it ignores the camera and in fact the camera is not recognized by the computer at all
Maybe this:

https://www.driverscape.com/download/an-vc300-camera

From this search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=VC300+Vi...or+windows

Many more options to try.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
you will mostly likely get a bunch of somewhat dodgy driver installer apps when you google this sort of thing so I would be inclined to use this
https://sdi-tool.org/
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Thank you zqwerty for your suggestions, king1 you are correct most of the sites suggested did not fill me with confidence. Please tell me what is your suggestion to use SDI lite? is it safe to install and will it seek out a drive required for the camera? Thanks for you assistance. Cheers
(25-06-2023, 04:50 PM)ruup Wrote: Thank you zqwerty for your suggestions, king1 you are correct most of the sites suggested did not fill me with confidence. Please tell me what is your suggestion to use SDI lite? is it safe to install and will it seek out a drive required for the camera? Thanks for you assistance. Cheers

probably as safe as you'll get when dealing with drivers.  I used it quite a bit for pre windows 10, not so much now since 10 generally finds most drivers it needs...  

but I would suggest only use it to find the driver you're looking for, there is not a lot of point in updating drivers just for the sake of it... if it ain't broke etc etc

its a portable app so just download and run, no installation needed

Found a driver to make it work, sadly it is not a great or clear picture. Is there anyway of making the picture larger? Thanks again for your help. :-)
(26-06-2023, 12:38 PM)ruup Wrote: Found a driver to make it work, sadly it is not a great or clear picture. Is there anyway of making the picture larger? Thanks again for your help. :-)

The size will depend on what program your using to view it with , is there not a maximize or full screen button?  The specs suggest it is 720p camera so although it is not high spec these days, it shouldn't be rubbish by any means

Big Grin 
I have installed OBS Studio, which means I can use it up to full size on my monitor...scared the wife with it  Just have to find out how to use it with Facebook etc. Isn't learning fun :-). Thanks again for your wise words.