Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Every time You Say 'woke'
Wink 
... as a disparaging term, a gay angel creates another baby drag queen.  Big Grin
I see those that use the term as dim followers of foolishness - not intelligent enough to see how ridiculous they are.
I do have other cameras!
They do love a chance to look cool with the latest fashion in words!
(27-06-2023, 09:22 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: They do love a chance to look cool with the latest fashion in words!
Especially when a word is short and easy to spell
(27-06-2023, 09:22 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: They do love a chance to look cool with the latest fashion in words!

Yep, right up there with 'surreal', 'in shock', 'gutted' and 'like'.
You mean 'guttered'? One of my favourites...
Woke is just the opposite of "far right". As in, if you lean left and want to disparage something that you think is too conservative, it is "far/extreme right"; if you're right leaning and want to disparage something that you think is too liberal, it is "woke". Due to their being flung around with gay abandon these days, both terms are now rather meaningless other than providing an indication of the social/political leanings of the person using them.
Woke in a term that rose from the BLM movement, and means educated, enlightened, and empathetic. Far as I know those qualities are not limited to any political ideology.

I realise though, that they might be hard to spell for some.
"Far right" is a legitimate term, relating to repugnant authoritarianism and fascism. Woke is an insult thought up by the far right to denigrate those who abhor their disgusting attitudes.
I do have other cameras!
Yes, woke is being deliberately misused, remade into an insult, and just like other positive words made negative in malicious ways, instances need to be called out for what they are. Nasty stuff, brainwashed propaganda repeated without thought by ignorant people with rather obvious agendas.

The clue is in the word itself - woke - as in 'awakened'. There are a few others out there, their use is a signal of intent.