Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went to costco in the weekend
Thumbs Up 
I must say it lived up to all the hype, but it does pay to research your prices before shopping there.
Most things in general worked out very cheap, at least 40% savings on most products, but some things may only be about 10-20% cheaper.
But for example, I bought a 12 pack of Watties very special Tomato Soups, for $23. The same soups are now selling for $5.39 per can at new world, to buy the same amount of soup at that price at New World was almost $65, thats almost a 65% saving!
I worked out that I easily paid my membership price just from doing one little shop there.
Biggest downside I found was the selection of products in store is limited, for instance you will typically only find one or two flavours of potato chips, but they rotate stuff around in store each week, so there could be a totally different selection next time.
Just shows you how much the supermarkets are ripping us off.
I hope they roll out more stores across NZ, the supermarket chains have had it far too good for too long, with the cost of living at the moment, its going to make a huge difference, the rumor ive heard is that we are supposed to be getting one in Tauranga. Saves me going to Auckland every 3 months or so to do a big shop.
yes agree, can't come soon enough - I wonder if there has been any supermarket price movements in Auckland in response to costco setting up shop...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I went a few weeks ago as a guest on my son's card. An eye opener alright...everything from fruit and vege to spa pools, not much range, but huge quantities. Like, those 12 pack Whiskers pouches, they come in a 60 pack at Costco...and so apply that to everything. I was looking at an air fryer, and my DIL said ''Right, that's your Birthday and Xmas sorted !'' and grabbed one - but there was only a choice of 2 types, a small one, and a big one. Two lawnmowers...etc, not like Mitre 10 or Bunnings. The place for a 3 monthly shop, not a weekly shop. My daughters live not far away, they are waiting for the fuss to die down before they go - still waiting.

Worth the membership just for the fuel I reckon, 91 was $2.04 when I was there...in Auckland !
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
I found most people in the store were buying rolls of quilton toilet paper and those large 1.2kg jars of m&ms!
They have jars of Vegemite so big they have a handle !
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society