Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tory Whanu utters those 6 career limiting words.....
Don't you know who I am?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/welling...ious-mayor

Out celebrating getting Let's Get Wellington Moving bring passed.  A plan 30 years in the making  hundreds of millions in costs and has 2 things to show for it:

1) 30 kmh speed limits for the central city
2) a pedestrian crossing
Yup, we've got those too.

And a bloody silly mayor.
That woman should resign. This was NOT her first rodeo, so to speak.

My daughter works in Hospo Management. She told me a couple of weeks back about the Mayors drunken behaviour at her venue and apparent opinion that she needn't pay.

She was mortified at the actions of someone who has such power and control over our fair city.
If she was in Parliament, the public would be baying for her resignation.
And yet, these people are elected...
Doesn't look too good for that's for sure!
If she had a concrete mixer to tow, then people would know who she was.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
If she had a Daimler and towed with it two days in a row, Ripleys would not believe it.

(03-07-2023, 07:37 PM)TinkandTiff Wrote: That woman should resign. This was NOT her first rodeo, so to speak. 

My daughter works in Hospo Management. She told me a couple of weeks back about the Mayors drunken behaviour at her venue and apparent opinion that she needn't pay.

She was mortified at the actions of someone who has such power and control over our fair city.
If she was in Parliament, the public would be baying for her resignation.

What the devil, is Hospo?  Should it be Whospo?
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Another female Maori politician being put through the wringer based on third party hearsay.

How many people have recognised the thumb and forefinger symbols on the restaurant's logo?

[Image: toq-logo.png]

[Image: OkayLarge267x296.jpg]
There's another 6 words  - - "You are all picking on me".
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(03-07-2023, 09:48 PM)harm_less Wrote: Another female Maori politician being put through the wringer based on third party hearsay.

How many people have recognised the thumb and forefinger symbols on the restaurant's logo?

[Image: toq-logo.png]

[Image: OkayLarge267x296.jpg]

It can't be heresay if the people there including staff and other customers are confirming what happened as correct.  And her being Maori has nothing to do with it - bad behaviour is bad behavior. 

And I would doubt a Vietnamese restaurant would have anything to do with white power not to mention it isn't the first time she has gone there.
If she did use those words, then that's unbelievably stupid.
However as interesting as this is, there seems to be another side to it. And it has to be said that there are times, especially when there's an election not so far away, when the media outdoes itself in blowing small incidents into as massive a one as they can get away with & continue with it far past the time when anyone's still interested in it.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/13247206...-night-out

"Some of Wellington’s local business community is furious about the Let’s Get Wellington Moving programme. They believe that making the city easier to walk through, cycle in, and take public transport to, will hurt them. So they’ve been lashing out.
They got together and wrote a letter to the mayor and the council last week to try and get the project stopped. In fact several councillors then lodged a motion of no-confidence in the project as a whole. The council voted on whether to proceed with the project and good sense prevailed. Wellington will at some point, get moving.

This whole story felt like a backlash against a young mayor who is actually doing what she campaigned on. She said she was an avowed fan of Let’s Get Wellington Moving, she said she was good at getting compromise around a table and making progress on projects, and that’s exactly what she’s done.

I have been out with many MPs of all stripes, many of whom were in far worse shape than the video showed of Mayor Whanau. No story was generated, there was no outraged media, and nor should there be. 

I’m not a drinker myself, so I can’t relate, but when did we get so puritanical that having a few drinks after work was a crime that should be splashed across the front page of the local paper?
Nobody was hurt. Mayor Whanau had a few while out with a mate - yes she forgot to pay a bill, but this was quickly rectified.

So get your act together, Wellington. We’ve finally got a mayor and a council that seem to be working with some kind of cohesion. Things are slowly but surely being turned around in the right direction after years of dismal council antics."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(04-07-2023, 12:18 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: If she did use those words, then that's unbelievably stupid.
However as interesting as this is, there seems to be another side to it. And it has to be said that there are times, especially when there's an election not so far away, when the media outdoes itself in blowing small incidents into as massive a one as they can get away with & continue with it far past the time when anyone's still interested in it.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/13247206...-night-out

"Some of Wellington’s local business community is furious about the Let’s Get Wellington Moving programme. They believe that making the city easier to walk through, cycle in, and take public transport to, will hurt them. So they’ve been lashing out.
They got together and wrote a letter to the mayor and the council last week to try and get the project stopped. In fact several councillors then lodged a motion of no-confidence in the project as a whole. The council voted on whether to proceed with the project and good sense prevailed. Wellington will at some point, get moving.

This whole story felt like a backlash against a young mayor who is actually doing what she campaigned on. She said she was an avowed fan of Let’s Get Wellington Moving, she said she was good at getting compromise around a table and making progress on projects, and that’s exactly what she’s done.

I have been out with many MPs of all stripes, many of whom were in far worse shape than the video showed of Mayor Whanau. No story was generated, there was no outraged media, and nor should there be. 

I’m not a drinker myself, so I can’t relate, but when did we get so puritanical that having a few drinks after work was a crime that should be splashed across the front page of the local paper?
Nobody was hurt. Mayor Whanau had a few while out with a mate - yes she forgot to pay a bill, but this was quickly rectified.

So get your act together, Wellington. We’ve finally got a mayor and a council that seem to be working with some kind of cohesion. Things are slowly but surely being turned around in the right direction after years of dismal council antics."

An opinion peice written by an admitted close friend.  Hardly balanced.
He made it very clear that they're friends. The restaurant is facing a bit of a backlash over it.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/welling...2#cxrecs_s
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)