Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprise ~ Chat GPT can help chemists . . .
Well I'll be blowed,  here's the bot actually being useful.    (Look around 15 min + for the example.)   I would not have guessed it could do that. 

Have I failed the Turing test?
Confused
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(07-07-2023, 03:41 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Well I'll be blowed,  here's the bot actually being useful.    (Look around 15 min + for the example.)   I would not have guessed it could do that. 

Have I failed the Turing test?
Confused
Someone somewhere will have documented the issue so it becomes a matter of knowing where and how to find that data, and computers are so much better at crunching screeds of data than humans.

AI is just the crystalisation (excuse the pun) of using computers to search the internet for relevant information and as a result being able to potentially then use or act on that data.
But that is Google's job isn't it?

Surely they wouldn't replace Google with a machine?
Tongue
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(09-07-2023, 09:13 AM)R2x1 Wrote: But that is Google's job isn't it?

Surely they wouldn't replace Google with a machine?
Tongue
Using Google requires inputting the right search terms to get your required result. In that respect Google is only a tool.

AI provides autonomy and ultimately can learn from its own successes or errors so to it Google is also a tool, as is for it the feedback it receives from those who use it (us).
"AI provides autonomy and ultimately can learn from its own successes or errors . . . "

That means it is way ahead of the Government's Help Desks, eg, it is on lap 3 while the G.H.D. is trying to find the race course (and the tea room).

" . . . provides autonomy and ultimately can learn from its own successes or errors." also " . . . get your required result."

Nothing in either of the above is mentioned in any Gov't Mission Statement.  It probably contradicts everything in their Code of Practice.

Tongue
Entropy is not what
it used to be.