Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South africa tops NZ as greatest country on earth
(13-07-2023, 03:46 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Yeah, solely based on his conduct, I think not. Based on your attitude to his conduct? Very likely.

One of the reasons I have acquired an antipathy to some South Africans is the way they first generationally ruined a nation and then fled with all their wealth and expertise to a safe haven, leaving their home country to fall apart. Had they done that quietly and respectfully, these few migrants that I know rather well, might have slotted in well to their new country, but instead this group set about transforming a community into a carbon copy of the one they had left. Complete with gated communities, unpleasant attitudes to our tangata whenua and tikanga, arrogant expectations, and not a little violence in thought and deed.

But maybe you had to be there. With luck most of that original lot have now died out. Regrettably, my suspicion of them has not.

In their case I think a little suspicion is a healthy thing.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(13-07-2023, 07:28 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: In their case I think a little suspicion is a healthy thing.

Would a lot be even healthier?
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(14-07-2023, 08:26 AM)R2x1 Wrote:
(13-07-2023, 07:28 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: In their case I think a little suspicion is a healthy thing.

Would a lot be even healthier?
Wink

Maybe so - although perhaps it should be kept to a little, so as to allow plenty left over for those people we love to criticise -  politicians. I'd hate them to miss out. Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Hmm -  With Politicians about the only suspicion I have is that some of them may occasionally slip and do something of value.  I don't think we'll need a great deal of suspicion with an election looming.  If you see any skepticism lying about it is probably good to get all you can because a lot of that plus a sense of humour is going to be in demand very shortly.

Punctuation      ,,,...!!!!???/*  (rude gesture or two).,/'"

Salt & pepper the above to suit your taste.

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Laugh or cry.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(14-07-2023, 10:04 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Laugh or cry.

Probably a good deal of both I imagine... Rolleyes