Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The spectre of Winston rises again
Oh joy. Rolleyes Big Grin
He really is one of a kind, virtually indestructible politically apparently. He's now doing his best to cotton on to the loony tunes brigade to some degree while being very, very careful not to venture too far into their territory. Those who have theories about Covid, trans people, & the 'Voices for Freedom movement'

The article asks if he can "ride a freedom wave to parliament" - I sincerely hope NOT.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...parliament

"Over 30 minutes, Peters was asked about censorship of people who dispute climate change; the WEF; the “propaganda” of the mainstream media; vaccine mandates; what a woman is; how to “bring democratic society back”.
He was asked traditional questions at this campaign event, too – about the cost of living, coalition agreements, and crime. These core issues were the main subject of his speech and were consistent with New Zealand First’s policies.
But compared to previous meetings, they were fewer: Some in the audience had other issues on their minds.
In the early stages of his 17th general election campaign, Winston Peters has drawn growing interest from the self-proclaimed “freedom” movement.
These are people with views that range from rejecting Covid-19 vaccines, dismissing the scientific consensus of climate change, and emphasising what they believe to be the sinister influence of global institutions like the WEF and the WHO."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
He's In It for Him.
(16-07-2023, 05:52 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: He's In It for Him.

But of course he is. He has a neat little formula; after an election, sleep through till a few months prior to the next, then wakey wakey, press the race/crime/whatever is relevant button, make speeches etc. etc. to garner votes & once safely elected, repeat process. Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Be funny if he is king maker again . He seems to be gaining poularity again . Never count WP out
(21-07-2023, 06:33 PM)joe 90 Wrote: Be funny if he  is king maker again .  He seems to be  gaining  poularity  again  .  Never count WP out

Oh hell no - that would be a huge mistake. 

And  when he eventually dies, I'd be inclined to warn the undertaker to leave him be for a while & on no account attempt embalming. Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

Although...on second thoughts.... Rolleyes
I'm seriously considering voting for him again if the polls indicate his party is over 4% or else it will go to ACT.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
He is great fun to watch...
(24-07-2023, 11:01 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: He is great fun to watch...

Yes - he's always been & still is, excellent entertainment. Big Grin