Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Countdown rebranding
One of several articles about Countdown spending $400m+ rebranding. Oh, it's also refurbishment. Yeah right! 

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/countdown-...HV4VRJ33Y/

I've already sent them my feedback - not that I expect anyone to actually read it - telling them that the best marketing they could do would be to provide a quality product at a good price and then they will get loyalty from customers, without so-called loyalty cards. Like PnS. Spending their profits on this kind of marketing in today's economic climate is obscene.

Another of the articles suggested just taking the first "o" out their name. That's a better idea.
(19-07-2023, 10:13 AM)SueDonim Wrote: One of several articles about Countdown spending $400m+ rebranding. Oh, it's also refurbishment. Yeah right! 

I've already sent them my feedback - not that I expect anyone to actually read it - telling them that the best marketing they could do would be to provide a quality product at a good price and then they will get loyalty from customers, without so-called loyalty cards. Like PnS. Spending their profits on this kind of marketing in today's economic climate is obscene.

Another of the articles suggested just taking the first "o" out their name. That's a better idea.

Love it...
typical response to the existing brand names accumulated bad press...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Wonder - were you all as vocal for the rebranding of all the Government departments?
(19-07-2023, 12:40 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Wonder - were you all as vocal for the rebranding of all the Government departments?

Why  would we be? A lot of people are actually on board with the government departments adopting maori names, some might even call it the socially responsible thing to do...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(19-07-2023, 12:40 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Wonder - were you all as vocal for the rebranding of all the Government departments?

I was. Names, especially government departments, should reflect what organisations do and so many today don't. Telecom was easy - but what the hell does Spark mean? And with publicly funded organisations it's a lot worse trying to figure out where you need to go for what service. Aside from the huge waste of funds in what it costs.
(19-07-2023, 10:13 AM)SueDonim Wrote: One of several articles about Countdown spending $400m+ rebranding. Oh, it's also refurbishment. Yeah right! 

So did I - & they got much the same reaction from me. If they change their name then they should use some of their profits to pay for it rather than increasing their prices to do it.

(19-07-2023, 12:48 PM)king1 Wrote:

Why  would we be? A lot of people are actually on board with the government departments adopting maori names, some might even call it the socially responsible thing to do...

And it gives us all the chance to learn a few new words, which is never a bad thing. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

lol
Removing the O probably would be more appropriate. I never shop there unless im desperate, they are a ripoff, plus billions of our dollars just go to Aussie.

Would be better if countdown actually chopped 400 million dollars off the cost of our groceries rather than spending it on a rebrand.