Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roger Douglas - unbelievable
I'm guessing he doesn't do irony.  Dodgy
He's complaining about the way in which 'National & Labour have robbed lower income earners"

That is precisely what the greed based Neo Liberalism - which HE helped impose on this country - has been doing since it began.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/live-updates/18...t-the-plot

"Douglas wrote: “Not satisfied with the way National and Labour have robbed lower income earners of $60 per week over the last 13 years via bracket creep, Act wants to go further. They want to keep bracket creep in place and then use the extra billion dollars-plus of taxes per year … to lower the highest income earners’ in New Zealand personal income taxes. Really, this is not the Act party I formed in 1993.”

Seymour, whose party is today polling over 12%, told the Spinoff in response: “Sir Roger is possibly frustrated that Act is not as radical as he wants it to be. Our tax policy today is much less radical than the 23% flat tax that he fell out with David Lange and lost his job over. We still respect Sir Roger for his service to New Zealand, and hope he is enjoying his retirement.”

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/e...A6QIENOZI/

"Act Party co-founder Sir Roger Douglas says his former party has “lost the plot” and he will not be voting for it in the coming election because he believes Act only represents the wealthy."

It always has Roger - & even you must be aware of that. Dodgy Dodgy

Douglas, a former Labour Finance Minister who founded Act with Derek Quigley in 1993, used a 22-page open letter to hit out at those currently leading the party and state that he will be a “swing voter” for the first time after voting for Act since 2002.
That’s despite his nephew Rob standing for Act in the Tukituki electorate.

He claimed Labour and the Greens promoted policies that made people dependent on the government in order to get their vote, while National “stand for very little” and didn’t introduce “new and exciting policy”, Douglas believed.

But he reserved a stinging criticism for his former party, claiming recent Act articles and policies reinforced a view among New Zealanders that it “represents only the wealthy”, citing his displeasure with Act’s opposition to ending “bracket creep”, which increases tax paid by average wage and salary earners because doing so would require higher taxes on wealthier people."

Ah - so NOT really a sudden attack of conscience after all then, eh. Just concerned lest someone (in the form of govt) takes some of your wealth.  Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Best just keep voting ACT then eh...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
'hope he is enjoying his retirement'? Oooooh burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn...
(19-07-2023, 04:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: 'hope he is enjoying his retirement'? Oooooh burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn...

Yeah..just a bit. Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(19-07-2023, 04:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: 'hope he is enjoying his retirement'? Oooooh burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn...
Yep, Rimmer is a noxious little weed!
(19-07-2023, 08:50 PM)harm_less Wrote:
Yep, Rimmer is a noxious little weed!

Definitely Rimmer - with just a touch of Mr Bean. Rolleyes Big Grin
(20-07-2023, 02:07 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(19-07-2023, 08:50 PM)harm_less Wrote: Yep, Rimmer is a noxious little weed!

Definitely Rimmer - with just a touch of Mr Bean. Rolleyes Big Grin
I'm so much waiting to see his election hoardings with an H graffitied onto the forehead Tongue 

[Image: 7d40f6b7e846bf2153a96b4e5ce2132e_w200.webp]
I quite like that cat person. I cannot believe I left it for decades before getting into Red Dwarf. And now I have I am rationing myself to one episode a week, and only if I have been very very well behaved.
(20-07-2023, 03:22 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(20-07-2023, 02:07 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Definitely Rimmer - with just a touch of Mr Bean. Rolleyes Big Grin
I'm so much waiting to see his election hoardings with an H graffitied onto the forehead Tongue 

[Image: 7d40f6b7e846bf2153a96b4e5ce2132e_w200.webp]

Almost worth waiting for... Big Grin Big Grin
Loved Red Dwarf...now it's on TVNZ+ I might get back into it, from the beginning. I want to watch Scrapheap again too, Kryten was in that as well.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Definitely not a fan of Brian Tamaki but his comment on last night's news along the lines of National and Labour being so similar as to be "two cheeks on the same bum, with Seymour somewhere between them" did raise a smile last night.
(22-07-2023, 01:39 PM)harm_less Wrote: Definitely not a fan of Brian Tamaki but his comment on last night's news along the lines of National and Labour being so similar as to be "two cheeks on the same bum, with Seymour somewhere between them" did raise a smile last night.

I missed that - can it possibly be that for once the McBishop is making some sense, in particular the Seymour comment??  Big Grin Big Grin