Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse scrolling in Chromebook.
Acer Chromebook 317 CB317-1H-P5PT 17.3" , like all Chromebooks has very poor mouse wheel scrolling. I have tried all the relevant extensions, and set the "smooth scrolling" flag to enabled. It varies from site to site, quite unpredictable. Has anyone solved this problem, or any ideas? The Trackpad is very good. Huh
what exactly is the problem?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
If you're referring to an external mouse, never had a problem with USB  wired. But Wireless thats a different story. Did find the following article, no idea if any help or not. But doing a google search seems its a common problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/chromeos/commen...olling_on/
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(21-07-2023, 05:05 PM)king1 Wrote: what exactly is the problem?

Sometimes the mouse only scrolls down, sometimes its notchy, sometimes smooth. I varies on different websites. The wired mouse does the same. Another thing is, there are 2 A type USB ports, and the mouse will only work in one of them. USB sticks are mounted Ok in both ports. There are also 2 C type USB ports. I also have an HP Chromebook, & it does the same.
with the odd windows device i work on I find if you have a usb stick in an adjacent port to the mouse it can sometimes cause erratic mouse behaviour, some kind of (lack of) power issue I guess. Being hardware related might be relevant to the Chromebook.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(23-07-2023, 10:20 AM)king1 Wrote: with the odd windows device i work on I find if you have a usb stick in an adjacent port to the mouse it can sometimes cause erratic mouse behaviour, some kind of (lack of) power issue I guess. Being hardware related might be relevant to the Chromebook.

All problems have been solved. I have converted it to Linux Mint 21.2.  Smile