Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The elections tell me one thing and that's....
That kiwis are stupid, or else they wouldn't keep re-rlecting the same clowns back into power from either labour or national.
It's just a flip-flop circus.
I have some hope though, with smaller parties gaining more support such as ACT.
Would be nice if NZ First return, they are the only party that would make meaningful change if they got enough votes.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
ACT is looking better all the time. Seymour is starting to learn how to oppose effectively and is getting more confident in the public eye.

Having Winston back was looking good until he started pandering to the "freedom" extremists. That's probably just to try and grab their votes, but he might lose more than he gains doing that.
Yes, but Winston has always been about Winston. And his little power games are dangerous things for his political partners, as both major parties have found out. It will be interesting to see if either of them are willing to lie back and think of England just to get elected...
After 40 years of neoliberal gutting of the state, and impoverishing all but the rich, I'm surprised anyone would contemplate more of the same.
I do have other cameras!
Never underestimate the power of stupid...
They don't seem to realize if they play the game of collecting money too hard the system will break down and we will get into the old problem of STAG-FLATION. (ie stagnation - inflation which I think we are starting to see right now)
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(26-07-2023, 03:27 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Never underestimate the power of stupid...

Yep sadly it does appear to have no limits at all; at least, the human variety.

The world is a weird place. And humans are crazy.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)