Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we let children identify as animals?
Logical answer is no, the article is paywalled, but you get the idea what direction this is going.
And yes litter boxes are now a thing in NZ schools.
I have a reliable source who has a child attend a school in the Wellington region and they tell me their childs class has got one.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/the-listener/...7KUU3XP5M/
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
We all selectively read what we want to. That's a given.

But why do some people seemingly just read the BS?

It's a mystery to me.

Miaow.
You have fallen for a new urban myth that was started a while ago by anti-trans activists to dog-whistle and hyperbolise questions of gender identity.   Your "reliable source" is either just as gullible as you are, or is part of the campaign.
I remember having the best fun at Royal Oak Primary School when we girls transformed ourselves into horses and galloped around the green fields every play time and lunch...

Of course we should be able to identity in imaginative ways as children. It is one way of growing our empathy skills.
[Image: monty-python-holy-grail.gif]
let them have their fun CT, pretending to be animals is just harmless childhood fun...

The litter box thing is just another hoax thats been around for a couple of years
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litter_box...hools_hoax
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(25-07-2023, 01:10 PM)Olive Wrote: You have fallen for a new urban myth that was started a while ago by anti-trans activists to dog-whistle and hyperbolise questions of gender identity.   Your "reliable source" is either just as gullible as you are, or is part of the campaign.

Their daughter was the one telling them all about it after coming home from school.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(25-07-2023, 01:35 PM)harm_less Wrote:
[Image: monty-python-holy-grail.gif]
Exactly! So much fun... Big Grin
(25-07-2023, 02:35 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(25-07-2023, 01:10 PM)Olive Wrote: You have fallen for a new urban myth that was started a while ago by anti-trans activists to dog-whistle and hyperbolise questions of gender identity.   Your "reliable source" is either just as gullible as you are, or is part of the campaign.

Their daughter was the one telling them all about it after coming home from school.

and kids (or adults) never make shit up -  name the school CT so we can ask them... 

So many schools in NZ and everywhere have said this is just BS
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
It's pre-election time, the air is pretty full of BS, added to the normal kids' output.  Not that kids were short of it in my day.

Giggle
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Many+ years ago a mate of mine was going out with a girl who, as he told us, was a complete female dog?
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
I would like to identify as a bear. So many benefits - go hairy, sleep all Winter, eat a lot, growl at passers by, swat perfect strangers...
I came home one day and my little daughter said ''I'm a rabbit !'' I asked her 'And what is your name little rabbit ?' ''I'm Ronnie Rabbit !'' We called her Ronnie for years...and years.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(25-07-2023, 05:31 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I came home one day and my little daughter said ''I'm a rabbit !''  I asked her 'And what is your name little rabbit ?'  ''I'm Ronnie Rabbit !''  We called her Ronnie for years...and years.

Ha ha, love that  Big Grin Big Grin
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(25-07-2023, 05:20 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I would like to identify as a bear. So many benefits - go hairy, sleep all Winter, eat a lot, growl at passers by, swat perfect strangers...

And eat lots of salmon.
And honey.

Bears like honey.
Do a serach and you'll find: skynews piers morgan slams uk schools children identify as animals.  You need to separate out child play from actual ideology that is promoted.  If the logical conclusion is too unbelievable perhaps you go back to the ideology to see if that is flawed.  It is flawed due to its post modern: there is no objective truth, origin.  To object to the statement just made is a tell tale sign that the objector does not agree with post modernism in fact.  In other words, Post modernism has no objective way of critiquing itself because post modernist objection actually shows that the post modernist is in fact not post modern at all.
Ummmm, except that child play is a vital piece of post modernist thinking if you look into educational philosophy, as I was forced to do at length not so long ago. Letting children have free rein of their imaginations with regard to their development of self, gender and identity is a common theme.

And after all, is it so far away from adults having spirit animals to guide them, or imagining an entire pantheon of gods and angels and devils to do the same.

The day we let raving idiots like Piers Morgan be taken seriously is the day we should abandon all sense of being intelligent beings and go join the rabbits in the fields.
Here's some background.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/misinformat...-rcna51439
The thing that intrigues me about misinformation is the human willingness to accept such rank idiocy as possibly true. That in itself is proof of just how wonderful our imagination is.

And explains so much about the way we create our realities.