Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a terminal, such as crosh .sh script?
I want to run a script called 'uef-flash.sh' in 'Crosh'.
It is from a folder called 'scripts-master' by 'mrchromebox'.
What is the procedure to run a .sh file in Crosh?

I have an Acer Chromebook 317 CB317-1H-P5PT 17.3", has 128GB eMMC drive, & 8GB RAM. It has ChromeOS with Debian 11 running in a VM, also has Android which is useless as it is for smart phones. The Linux is good when it doesn't crash! I want to change the whole system to Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.1. I need to change the BIOS.

The Write Protection needs to be disabled, it has an unpopulated link on the Motherboard which needs connecting. Are these links standard, and are they available from the likes of PB tech?
the only chromebook i have pulled apart had a screw as the write protection iirc, it would depend on the connector you have I think there are different sizes and spacings, mostly on windows based at least they are all the same...

you could try this - crosh seems to be the equivalent of a termininal or command prompt
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...jdknjadhmh

and here - starting at step 4 by the looks
https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/run-execut...ll-script/

HTH
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I didn't change all the BIOS, only added USB booting, this way I didn't have to open the case to disable write protect. I installed Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.1, had a few problems, no sound to the speakers, but had sound via USB & a sound card. Num Pad wouldn't work, and keyboard backlighting wouldn't work. Otherwise it worked very well, mouse & touchpad were much better, screen was brighter too. All the controls worked, except that [search] [alt] no longer triggered Upper case. I was a little concerned that it may overheat on Mint, there are no vents, & no fan.
     I managed to boot Macrium and made an image of the whole thing, then restored it to ChromeOS. I have used it a lot today, and there is no noticeable difference in the temperature. The next stage will probably be to convert the BIOS to UEFI boot and install Mint 21.2. I will probably leave it until the guarantee is over before I open the case. It has a seal on one of the case screws. The write protect is a couple of pins which have to be connected together. It has an excellent 17.3" HD screen, and the colours are good.