Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIFA World Cup
OK, I played soccer for 3 years at high school. I coached, managed, refereed et al when my son played 40 years ago.

Saying that, after watching a magnificent game of rugby NZ v, Australia last night, we thought we had better do our bit and watch our girls play Switzerland tonight.

To be honest, large amounts of skill, but the game is still as batshit boring as it was 40 years ago. Sorry!

Just my thoughts

Ken  Rolleyes Rolleyes
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
Never a truer word was spoken Ken, mainly watch league here and the odd union game... The NZ AU game last night was great to watch, got slightly boring ish when they decide to kick back and forth for a while, but luckily that passed...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Agreed. It's only marginally better than test cricket.
"OK, I played soccer for 3 years at high school. I coached, managed, refereed et al when my son played 40 years ago."

Ah, the good old days when they bred 'em tough. These days at high school they never go over 60 minutes game time (and 40 minutes of that is advanced dramatic acting) .  .  .
I asked my Dad why they bothered with that sort of game to which he replied that it was the most cost effective way of keeping that sort of person safely away from rugby matches.

Undecided
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Yes I played soccer at school and liked it but can't stand watching it now. We watched the girls playing and while they played better in their first game the second one was boring. Reminds me of the Simpson's episode when Major League Soccer came to Springfield and the town turned up to watch the game. After a short while people started to leave the game as it was so boring.
Wow, as I said earlier in this thread about Soccer/football, a great game of Rugby beats all!!

If you watched this afternoon's game All Blacks v. Wallabies you will have to agree with me.
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!