Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How incompetent is the government on a 1 to 10 scale
(20-08-2020, 11:30 AM)thephoenix Wrote: Where 1 is "Completely incompetent" and 10 is "Completely competent"?

9 is a very surprising score coming from you Jim, so you're obviously very impressed by their almost stellar response. Lucky we didn't have that other lot in charge because the borders would have been opened long ago and the hospitals (suffering from decades of underinvestment) would have been well and truly overrun.

If they had shut the borders when National suggested it, 2-3 weeks earlier, it would have been a virtual non event.  Nothing wrong with opening the borders to restart the economy BUT you don't let it run as this mob have done which is worse than expected now the mistruths/ lies are coming out.  Letting 7 busloads of non speaking English people return, refugees, tourists being seen and spoken to in the South Island is NOT closing the borders to all but returning Kiwis, I just don't believe many are.  Letting a man I know go out for a smoke on Day 12 and be joined by non tested 2 day returnees is not keeping us safe in any way.  We have been told lies, lies and more lies over PPE gear, flu vaccinations, testing of workers and those leaving isolation hotels etc. etc.  Hopefully it will now improve but, unfortunately, too late for many especially for the 2 million bees the keepers weren't allowed to go to when they could at Level 4.  I pity the young and yet to be born who will be paying this off for many years.  I don't care who gets in as there is one hellava mess to clean up financially and we will all suffer for it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How incompetent is the government on a 1 to 10 scale - by Kacee - 22-08-2020, 04:24 PM